1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to emulate GBA games on the PSP?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tarotmaniac, May 10, 2010.

1. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

This might be the solution to my ongoing debate on my psp. since I cant emulate GBA games on my ds, some mentioned that i can on the psp, the question is how do i do that? Thanks again.

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Let's idiot proof this.

http://dl.qj.net/index.php?searchword=gpsp&ordering=&searchphrase=all&section=0&Itemid=2&option=com_search

You will also need a gba bios to run it properly however, and different versions will need different bios to run, a google search can help locate those...

Oh, and while normally the latest version I'd advise, the latest official build are in japanese, it's manageable but it can be daunting for newbs at this.

Finally you need a hacked psp, of course :)

4. tarotmaniac

i did everything this site told me to do

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/537970

when i open my game files, a corrupted file appears and i cant open the gbSP thing :| help please.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What's the folder structure?

Did you remove the eboot file from the folder it was in?

The eboot and all the files with it need to remain in a folder.

And if your psp isn't hacked, don't bother.

6. tarotmaniac

I gave up on that one and i used this one

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17106

my only problem is the bios, i tried using the one from the first gbSp i downloaded and it says i need to dump it again and make a new file with some check-sum stuff. i am so confused :|

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

like I said, some versions need different bios, so download another one that differs (so keep downloading, until one works).

Also that one your using doesn't have the best compatibility, it's mostly for those with psp3000's running chickHEN

8. tarotmaniac

here's what it says

[​IMG]
    Post Merge: [time]1273495886[/time]
    that's why i chose it since i have a 3000 running on chickHEn
    Post Merge: [time]1273496516[/time]
    I got it running! Yay so happy! Im currently palying Golden Sun @-) So nostalgic. It may be off topic but i was wondering, can you recommend GBA games @-) all i remember is this and Pokemon :D

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ah, well I had no idea you were on a chickHEN enabled psp.

So you found a working bios the, if you feel nice, prehaps upload it because each version of this emulator seems to need a different bios.

Also, while I can't suggest any good games because you already have the best (the 2 golden sun games :) ) do stay away from banjo kazooie and "kingdom hearts" as they have issues on this version of the emu.

Apparently kingdom hearts can work if you play a bit on a pc based emulator past the cutscene part (when 3-d shows, it tends to freeze the emulator)