1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How To Create Custom Mystery Gift Events

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Hey, this tutorial is for creating Mystery Gift events. This is useful for those who don’t have all of their Pokémon games as a rom, and useful for people who miss out on events. This is also useful for people that don’t want to directly edit their saves of a file of the Pokémon games using cheats, or to prevent a bad creation. This can be used to distribute any Pokémon you want to games that are not on a flashcard. This is more useful on Pokemon Pearl and Diamond, and you can just trade to Platinum, HG, or SS.
    I am not positive these events will be distributable to PtHGSS because the event making software is old.

This guide is absolutely useless for people that rock at making Pokemon in pokesav, and do not own the actually legally obtained cartridge. Stop here and read a pokesav guide if the pokemon game that you 'own' is on a flashcard.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=34172.0 Submit any creative designs here, as I have.

Need:
    Two DSs
    My personal software bundle
    ONE Flashcard with at least 2MB of space left and wifi compatible
    Original Pokémon Game Cartridge(with mystery gift enabled)
    .pcd file(s)

OPTIONAL
    .pkm file( (if you cannot find .pcd files, you can make your own)
    A Project Pokémon forums account to request .pkm files (if you can't make your own)
    Pokesav (for editing .pkm files and creating .pcd files)
    No$GBA (to move around Pokémon in the rom)
    Pokémon Rom game with save data (preferably Diamond/Pearl)
    Legit Pokémon .sav file that matches with rom
    NDSTokyoTrim (not provided, trims 8MB rom down to around 1.5ish MB)

ALL SOFTWARE NEEDED IS PROVIDED IN MY SOFTWARE FILE. SAVES AND ROMS NOT INCLUDED. SOME PCD FILES INCLUDED, ALONG WITH SOME .PKM FILES. WINDOWS ONLY. NEED WINE IN LINUX OR CIDER IN MAC TO USE THE SOFTWARE BEING PROVIDED. POKESAV PLATINUM/HG/SS NOT INCLUDED.

Enabling Mystery Gift:
    Get to Jubilife city
    Go into the TV station and on a certain floor, where a man asks you for feedback on TV
    Input EVERYONE HAPPY and WIFI CONNECTION.
    Save and restart/turn off.

BASIC GUIDE:
    Start up the distribution maker software, included in my software bundle.
    Select and edit your fields. (deoxys is the default field)
    [​IMG]
    Save the distribution rom in the same folder as the PCD is located.
    Move the rom onto your flashcart.
    Set the date to your appropriate event with the DS with the distribution rom. (E.g. Alamos Darkrai US event is May 31st to June 1st) Start up your flashcart and your distribution, along with your Pokémon game in the other DS. Click mystery gift, receive gift from wireless, and get your gift.
    [​IMG]
    Go to the poke mart with only five Pokémon in your party to receive your gift.
    Advanced Guide:
    If you want to use any .pkm file to distribute to your DS, read here.
    Get pokesav and make a pkm file, or find one online. There are plenty guides online, even two on RomUlation, in the tutorials section. You can also download a pkm file. This Site contains a few .pkm events (that you need to convert), and some .pcd files.

You can also request pkm files in the Project Pokémon forums. The pkm file has to be exactly 236 bytes to be used to distribute. If it is not, you will need to convert it before use. I will teach that in the next section. You can also create item events using this tutorial. Instead of selecting Pokemon in the drop down menu, select Item and select which item you want to distribute.

Open up pokesav, click Events>Mystery Gift Edit. Go to the PCD section. Go to the section where it says “Event ID” and type 1. Type in the date you want the Pokémon to be distributed. If the Pokémon is not a REAL event, insert any date, but if it is a real event, insert the date it is distributed. Select the gift type to be Pokémon. Edit the card title and comments to be whatever you want. You can edit how many times this wonder card can be redistributed, and what versions it could share with. Type in the Pokémon ID of the Pokémon you want to be the picture (I think). Save pcd and follow normal directions.
    [​IMG]

Converting pkm files:
    This is where you will need NO$GBA and the rom with save of a Pokémon game. The save will need to be converted into RAW Format 512kb. The save has to be past where you got the Pokedex and preferably saved near a Pokémon center.

Open pokesav. Open up your save file and go into the Storage option. Click Load, and select a pkm file that is not 236 bytes. Remember which box you placed it in. Press OK, and save.

Place the save into the battery folder of NO$GBA, and make sure it is named exactly the same as the rom. Start up the rom.

Go to the box and move Pokémon. Move the Pokémon you just put in the save file using pokesav into the party folder. Save your game, and exit out of NO$GBA. Open the save with pokesav again, and follow the Advanced Guide.

I will add pictures soon, maybe tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.