1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to burn / convert iso into actual PS 1 CD?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by speedo79, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedo79

speedo79 Member

Hi Romulation admin & fellow gamers

First thx to romulation for uploading PSX games :D. I'm really appreciated it.

I need guideline how to burn / convert the PSX ISO games into actual PS CD? So I can play it in my old PSX gaming system.

Thx for the guidelide and LONG Live Romulation.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well once you have extracted the PSX image from the archive, open up your burning program. If you don't have one, use Nero, or Alcohol 120%, or even better, use ImgBurn (google, it's free). And then just choose the Image Burning Wizard/Modes etc., choose the image file, and burn it at the lowest speed to a CDR. If you have .bin and .cue files from the archive you downloaded, burn the .cue file. If .img and .sub., etc., burn the .img, making sure all of the external image files are in the same folder. This goes the same as the .bin and .cue.

3. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

Go figure, I was burning all of the files instead of the singles. Now I feel like a complete idiot...lol

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Also don't use CDRWs.

5. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

What about CD-R discs?

6. Loonylion

CD-R disks are fine providing they are made by a reputable brand (TDK, Verbatim etc). Don't forget to burn at 4x or lower.

7. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Oh. Thanks. ;D

But I'm still confused with the whole file thing. How do you put the .bin and .cue files along with the .img file?

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If your scared, just have the files near the one your burning...here is an example that you can use if your worried...

Make a folder, put all those 3 images in, then burn the .img file, and POOF your done :)

Just have them near by (not in seperate folders/directories) and your fine-even if they are on the desktop mixed with other files, as long as they are in the same place it's good to go...

Try burning one, and see how you go-cd aren't that expensive, if it works, brillant, if not, then something went wrong with the burning process, anyways let us know how you go.

9. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Makes sense... :eek:

How come when I first downloaded the games it came with a folder and right now it doesn't?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...no idea-but you can always remake it :)

Prehaps your talking about the "compression" folder, unless it compressed a folder containing the contents, you won't get a folder to hold them in...

If you used 7zip like I do-you have the option of extracting the contents into a folder named after the "compression" folder (the file it came in)...

But don't let it bug ya-you don't need it-just as long as the files are in the same place-now if you excuse me, time for the spam thread XD

11. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

I have an 80 GB PS3 that runs PS1 and PS2 games through firmware updating (the last model before PS2 backwards compatibility was removed from new PS3s). If I follow the steps highlighted in this topic, could I put a PS1 iso onto a DVD-R and still run it as if it were a PS1 game disc? after I follow these steps.

12. Loonylion

no, you can't. PS3 cannot read burned discs.

13. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I put the files in the folder, but I when I was almost finished burning the disk, I got errors like "errors in sector: 24" and those kind of things.

14. anandjones

Sometimes using another image burner works. Even then, it's just to try again.

15. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

But I'm using imgburn. Isn't Imgburn better than the others?

16. anandjones

Did you check to see if the CD still worked?

17. Merugop

Merugop Member

can you burn a Iso for ps1 on dvd-r???

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, the PSOne can only read CDs, so that won't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.