1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to add cheats(any) in DS linker V2.55?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by trixter11, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trixter11

trixter11 Member

I have a DS lite with a normal flashcart but a DS linker firmware(V2.55 specifically). I'm just wondering on how to add cheats to the games(Action Replay, Codebreaker, etc.).

I'll just have to test the codes for the piracy protection bypass codes for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Does the firmware use some sort of cheat database? Check your firmware files. Something ending in .dat will do (with any obvious filename).

3. trixter11

trixter11 Member

I checked, it seems I have none.

4. anandjones

Hmm, you may just have to patch the ROMs with the codes, using a program like DSATM.

5. trixter11

trixter11 Member

thanks, I'm doing some other stuff right now so can I ask where you got the cheats?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

cheats.gbatemp.net has updated cheat databases. That's the easiest place to get cheat codes.

Otherwise, you just have to use the internet to find the codes. People find them, and post them in various places.

7. anandjones

Hmm, actually, is there a .xml file amongst your firmware? I might check it.

8. trixter11

trixter11 Member

actually, yes I do. Though, it says WMPinfo (if I have to be specific about it).

9. anandjones

Eh, that wouldn't be it. Back to patching the ROMs with the codes found in the databases from GBAtemp will have to do yeah.

10. trixter11

trixter11 Member

umm... I do have here on the PC a xml file for action replay codes(and if I remember correctly, I got it from GBAtemp).

11. trixter11

trixter11 Member

and just asking.... How do I use it?

12. anandjones

Did it state that it can be used with DSLinker firmware? You can't just use a database and expect the firmware to support it. I highly doubt it would work (since your device has worse support).

13. trixter11

trixter11 Member

ok, I think I got many of it now, thanks. I'll just try/use external help for patching/cheating/hacking/etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.