1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How much money do Romulation save you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Nov 7, 2007.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

This is for the people who actually support the dev of the games.

Up to date, i have downloaded around 30 games, but i only found 3 games that is worth to own....so there is 27 suk games which i would end up buying if not for Romulation.net.

Lets say there is 30USD for each games, and that 810USD for 27 games, in my local currency, its RM 3078, thats a fortune.....

so how much Romulation have save you?

2. 01427

01427 Well-Known Member

Well you might not have bought all of the 27 suck games. I usually consider the games I buy, but with romulation, it was like I could try them all.

3. calvin_0

well took into count that i dont simply download any games, yes, i might end up buying those 27 suks games if i didnt download them at 1st....

4. noobster

noobster Active Member

well, without the R4, i wouldn't even buy the DS system

5. Aegix

Aegix Well-Known Member

It saved me lot so far...not sure how much, but it's at least 200 bucks.

>_> A lot of the games I've downloaded, I never would have bought, or would not have been worth the hefty price tag.

Worms open warfare 1...*shudder*

6. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

Um......about $250, I believe. A lot of the games are just plain not worth it and/or one-time wonders (for either an insanely horrible ending or literally nothing left after the main story)...and a couple aren't even available around where I live! Heh, a good majority of the games are only rent-worthy, which makes it a real shame that nobody's doing DS rentals...

Oh, and there's the one or two that I have/had already purchased anyway or just are literally the same old same old *coughygocough*.

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I cant even add it, i have 94 roms, 7 of which i have bought cause i liked them and felt they were worth it. and in NZ @ $100 per game.... close to $1000 lol

8. h8uthemost

h8uthemost Well-Known Member

For real, I can't even add it up either. I"ve downloaded a ton of roms the in the last year I've been in the DS homebrew scene. So not only Romulation, but http:/ sites in general have saved me hundreds.

I still buy quite a few games(I own about forty actual games), but, I only buy the ones that I feel deserve my money. If it wasn't for these sites, I would have bought a ton of crap games, that I initially thought were going to be great.

9. DrWarm

DrWarm Member

Man u kiwis have it hell bad. Even in AUS its only maybe $70 for the most expensive DS game.

10. wiirdos

wiirdos Member

geez,... so far all of these rom sites together (mostly romulation)
    have saved me some 600-700 US dollars, and i'm still a newb to
    downloading ROMS.

11. silent sniper

silent sniper Active Member

about 40 games X around $50 each = $2000. holy shit. well, it's probably a few hundred dollars less than 2000.

12. mush22362

mush22362 Member

Lol... some shops here sell a game for around RM 200....

Thats about...40 to 50 bucks a game...

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

if i'd have a nds, i'd have downloaded about 40 to 50 ROMS... do the calculations, i'm not a real mathematical man...

14. deadbird666

deadbird666 Active Member

.. i save RM 5000++

phew .. and heck not just saving money
    i can play latest game -__- after a week it has been released

15. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's important to remember that RomUlation isn't here to help you save money by never buying games; it's here to help you spend your money wisely on games that you like playing.

16. Tidus1177

Tidus1177 Member

well ive liked saved over a thousand of U.S.A dollars

17. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

if it wasn't for r4 and sites like this i would of not bought a ds at all. i love my ds but i would never pay the amount of money that the games are. actuatly that goes for all the consoles i own and pc's games are just not worth the money they cost as most of all games suck.

so i drop to my knees and shout
    HAIL THE GEEKS MODDERS AND HACKERS THAT MAKE FREE GAMING POSIBLE

as for romulation they have saved me hundreds but not only that but time and effort aswell for example i have a nostalgic moment and want to play the snes i don't need to get it out the loft and search ebay for a classic game, i can just download a classic rom.

18. calvin_0

well that is what i'm doing, you got to support the dev or they wont make anymore games. But sadly not much people have that kind of mind set....

anyway, Nintendo should follow Sony's foot step....set up a demo site, so people can try before buying.

19. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

They were supposedly setting up a Wii Ware channel to do that with DS games...weren't they?

20. DrWarm

DrWarm Member

I'm fairly sure they're still going to do that.