1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How much GB of a Micro SD memory can Edge's firmware support?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tatakae, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatakae

Tatakae Active Member

I wish to get a new Micro SD memory replacing my current 1 GB, but I heard some firmware still couldn't run on 8 GB Mirco SD memory...., since I'm rather not sure I could ask anywhere else, I'll just posted this here.

So, yeah...., in short. can current Edge firmware support 4 GB or 8 GB Micro SD memory card?, or just 1 GB and 2 GB currently?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's not firmware related, it's hardware related. The EDGE can use up to about 32GB I believe.

3. Tatakae

Tatakae Active Member

Are you sure.....?, something must be wrong then when I'm experimenting with my 8 GB Nokia Micro SD, since it didn't work at all, so I'm planning to get either Sandisk 4 GB or 8 GB....

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

EDGE does support SDHC yes. You also need the firmware on the MicroSD of course. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

5. silarry80

silarry80 Well-Known Member

it said support up to 32 gb. im using 4 gb and works fine

6. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

are you sure the microSD card you're trying is in working condition?

7. Tatakae

Tatakae Active Member

Absolutely, the 8GB Nokia Micro SD it works just fine on my Nokia N85.
    After I put all Edge.DAT file in that Nokia Micro SD and start it up on my DS Lite, my Edge have "EDGE Not Found" message come up instead of the usual booting screen.

Regardless, I already brought the Sandisk 4GB, and it works fine, just like silarry80 said (I don't want to take risk with the 8GB one). If the size is not the issue here...., perhaps the problem lies with the fact it's "Nokia" Micro SD? (since...., I doubt anyone would really use authentic Nokia memory for Flashcarts).

BTW, silarry80, what's your 4GB Micro SD?, Kingston, Sandisk, etc....?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Check if you installed the firmware correctly as you've done with your 4GB.

9. wmgunawan

wmgunawan Member

i already used 8GB and selling for many people using 8GB tha't work
    maybe u just need real branded memory sdhc like sandisc, transcend and make sure have guarantee 100%
    i need 16GB but too expensive to buy for now, maybe later i try it, the official issued that edge supported up to 16GB

10. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

once the 32gb comes out, the 16gb will drop dramatically in price...that's the patter so far at least

11. silarry80

silarry80 Well-Known Member

im using sandisk 4gb, and also nokia microsd 2 gb and both works very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.