1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How many games have you bought after download?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deathbreak911, May 9, 2009.

?

How often to you buy games that you have downloaded and liked?

1. Always, if I like them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sometimes, if they're cheep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sometimes, if I like them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not often at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Never/rarely/no need

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

We all say "If you like it, buy it!" but how many people actually but them? Well, anonymous poll would like to know the answer. You can say whatever on the thread, but answer honestly in the pole.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't just decide on whether or not I like a game, it has to be worth it. For example, I have no intention of buying Crysis, because why should I pay for a game that needs 500MB of downloaded patches to fix game breaking bugs that should have been fixed before it was released? It's not even playable without the patches, so sorry, no money from me. Developers need need to put more effort into testing and fixing bugs in their games before releasing them, and publishers need to bugger off and let the developers finish the game before releasing it. (Yes, I'm looking at you, EA).

3. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Totaly agree with you on this, I bought Assasins Creed, great game but when travelling from one town to another I cannot see where I am going due to massive glitching, very shoddy product and no real will from the developers to fix it.

I am on a very tight budget so I really cannot afford to buy as many games as I would like. I saw some recient market reserch from steam, if I can find a link I will put it in later. Basicly they found that when a game of around $25 was discounted to $8 sales rose by over 4000%. So steam argued that all games are over priced at the moment and much more money can be made by reducing base price which will drive overall sales up.

4. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you.

5. Deathbreak911

Well, so far it's even to "sometimes". :D

6. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Ah the only game I wanted to buy after downloading it was The World Ends With You
    but the problem is, THAT GAME IS SUPER-RARE!!!

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Super rare? It's not rare at all. It is widely available for purchase in stores and online.
    http://www.amazon.com/World-Ends-You-Nintendo-DS/dp/B00136MBHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1241901864&sr=8-1

8. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

yeah online, but it seems I just can't find it in any stores

9. Loonylion

that can actually depend on the region. Apparently Final Fantasy 7 is virtually impossible to find in the US, but its common as muck in the UK. Over here, FFIX is virtually impossible to find, while not so in the US.

10. TirithRR

Well, seems that Wal-mart has pulled a lot of games from their shelves, and only sells them online. Disappointing really, I'd much rather pick up a game on my way home from work than buying it online and waiting a week for it to get to me.

Five months ago I saw many games on the Wal-mart shelves including The World Ends With You and Disgaea 3. Just last week I went there to try and pick up Disgaea 3, and it wasn't there. Then I went online and it said "Only Available Online" or "Not Available in Stores".

11. Loonylion

[​IMG]

12. TirithRR

That's awesome!

13. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

yes it is...

i buy the games that i like, and feel it's worth my money. Like things that i would actually PLAY after i beat the thing (ie. i dropped GTA Chinatown Wars after i beat it, don't ask why)

14. Deathbreak911

Indeed! And for people like me, games can get boring fast. It seems that I only buy computer games with bustling Mod communities, because mods are my favorite things of any game!

15. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

and THAT'S why i still play DOOM ;D

16. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I haven't bought a game since a few months before I got my R4 a while back

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I mostly downloaded retro titles here at RomUlation, especially ones for the NES & SNES because of the fan translations of NES & SNES titles that were only ever released in Japan. So say, unless there IS a physical Romancing Sa Ga 3 SNES cartridge out there that was released in English I can buy then I'm left with my good old ROM copy of the game.

18. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I haven't actually bought any after, even if I liked the game a lot :/ Blame my income.

19. Deathbreak911

:D Well, I guess we arn't THAT bad too the companies, 3/4 of the people so far said the buy some after dl. What about bad games, though? After we see they're crap we don't buy them! We're killing the bad games for DS! It has a reputation to keep!

20. geordanuk

geordanuk New Member

Admittingly since I've bought my R4 I've never bought another DS game...It's pretty much because all I get is my student money which is barely enough to last on, and if I'm wanting other games, I'm more sparing with my money