1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How long should an flash card last?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

(ignore the fact that I have returned)

Ok, my brother has noticed that he can't do certain things with his (was mine) acekard 2.1.

-Cannot open folders that contain ds games
    (I do this to keep it neat-there are several emulators inside and I wish to seperate)

-it freezes randomly

-...cannot play ds games
    (dude to previously mentioned error-you can open other folders but not one's with ds roms)

I bought ine roughly at the end of last year...is it time for it to die already ???

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

(hiiiii mds64 long time no see :D)

My R4 have broken once too, I think it has something to do with the spring mechanic at the microSDcard slot. Luckily, it repairs itself, but now I have to be extra careful when removing the microSD. :( By the way my microSDcard had been partially corrupted once. I lost a few game and saves that time. Since then, I have to back up the contents once a week.

I think you should try to pair your flashcart with other microSDcard to find out where's the problem. The problem might be on your microSD. :)

Oh, I bought my NDS with the R4 3-4 months earlier than you. Now the game freezes up every once in a while, but I think it's not dead yet. :D

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ah, switch sd cards..that may do the trick :)

I have a good brand card but I suppose it's worth a shot...though I will have to downgrade to a 2Gb as I used my 8GB's on my psp.

(thanks for the welcome-curious about the new pink army but I'll ask that somewhere else)

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Might not hurt to try and clean the connectors in the NDS the best you can, but to quote loony on a different post flashcards don't last forever.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's not the ds-the acekard has always been plugged in-I basically made my brother stop pulling it out.

And most functions work but getting a ds rom to work-the card's OS still works but in limited fashion...

But I will take this into consideration :)

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you reformat. The spring was removed in later models.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Would a mass back up and then a mass delete work or is there a certain program you suggest for re-formatting?

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just use windows to format it.

9. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

My R4 is lasting 2 years and counting :D

10. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I bought my R4 around the same time as you, it seems to be working alright...

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Must be SD card...

Well it's time to take action-thanks guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.