1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how long is a irc ban?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fgghjjkll, Jul 2, 2008.

1. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

how long is a irc ban?

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

It's a ban, so it's permanent. They might cross you out of the banned list, but improbable.

Why, what did you do this time? :p

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Really do they ban ? I have tried out the IRC , and probably I will now start coming on IRC.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

They do ban, I was kicked once, for using slang. Apparently, ''books'' is slang when school has ended. :p

But if they kick you, you'll just reconnect, ban is permanent.

5. fgghjjkll

er... i swore.

6. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Hah! That's all you're worried about? Swearing on IRC isn't as heavy an offence as you think. Why, even Reider swears....A LOT

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Last ban I can see is from the 28th so whoever did it has removed it again.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I loved the way Reider welcomed me on RomUlation's IRC Channel, he welcomed me with a warm kick in the ass ;D

I like the IRC environment, it was quite unlike the forum, people communicate there "live", that is responses are instantaneous. And yes, I'm really a newbie on IRC, but my brief visit was well worth it ;D

Actually I want to be present there a lot & talk to people, problem is the time zone difference, people there start talking by the time I should be fast asleep & when I go there at morning (local time), the Room's as quiet as a grave.

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Usually when I'm on in the morning, everyone's on. I haven't seen you on IRC yet though Cahos. Yeah permanent ban, just don't piss off the ops :p Swearing isn't bad, everyone does it on IRC :p

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

everyone should spend time in IRC, you get to see a whole different side of RomU that you dont see in the forums, insults, slang, cursing, insultive cursing, and just plain inappropriateness is just part of the experience.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

anand, since we're almost on the same time zone I'm guessing you log on at early morning right? Well I usually pop in at this time for a few minutes, look up who's online, see if anybody's talking then leave.

I can't still fully commit because torrent downloading is eating up my time & connection speed, and I go there as Cahos_Rahne_Veloza

12. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

IRC is one of the best things RomU has.

And I can' believe you were banned for swearing, everybody without exception swears in the IRC. Just go there again, you were probably kicked. ;)

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Or as anand said, he probably pissed off someone

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I usually log in between 11am and 2pmish NZ time, usually quite active then.

15. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Yes, I will also make my appearance on IRC soon, so watch out !!!!

16. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I don't think most of you understand how an IRC ban works. A ban is simply in place until a power of half-op (%) or higher removes it. It's not always a serious thing, it just prevents you from joining a channel. And, a kick means you have to rejoin, or if you have auto-rejoin on you rejoin immediately as if nothing happened.

17. fgghjjkll

I've been waiting about 3 weeks and I'm still not off the ban list

can you please post a list of people who are banned....It'll probably embarrass members(not me since my irc name is different to mi username)
    but it could count as punishment.

18. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Well, you aren't banned by your name. You are banned by your IP, I believe. By the way, were you using the Mibbit web IRC client when you were banned?

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

IP as you could just easily change your username/nickname.

20. fgghjjkll

im using mirc and DSOrganize built-in irc client