1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How long before a 3DS emulator

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Icarus007, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Icarus007

Icarus007 Well-Known Member

How many days, months or years before do you think that they will develop a free legit 3DS emulator.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no one has the slightest clue.

3. Icarus007

Icarus007 Well-Known Member

That is not reassuring

4. Eadelas25

Eadelas25 Well-Known Member

You're better off buying a real 3ds right now instead of waiting for a playable 3ds emulator w/c could take years to become available.

I bought a 3ds and, I gotta say, worth it.

5. Loonylion

do you have any idea how much work goes into producing an emulator? It takes thousands or even tens of thousands of man-hours, someone doesn't just wake up one day and think 'oh ill make a 3ds emulator'

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I am tempted to buy a 3DS because of the upcoming GEN VI Pokemon game. Problem is I really can't play on a handheld because I am hard of seeing.

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

No game is worth a handheld.

8. joetimes3

joetimes3 Guest

isnt this legit, please check anyone?? http://nintendo3dsemulator.us/

9. Loonylion

extremely unlikely. even the site looks dodgy. Most likely it contains some form of malware.

10. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Every 3DS emulators that you can find at the moment is just a piece of junk with malware.
    I hope they hurry up with the development :/

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Some guy downloaded this peace of shit, also using fake addresses to bypass the fill out the forms.

They was no virus, I check in hex editor and turns out to be a converted Xbox emulator and a pile of real bios es from other systems PS1 PS2 , nds est , just ant gonna work, Basically a pile of put together Junk .

And all they are after is peoples real names and addresses + phone numbers :p .

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

who ? im sure its not desmume team.

13. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Yeah, they said they won't make any 3DS emulator.
    But someone out there might be working on it. So who ever it is he/she/they should hurry up.

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Some how I don't think its going to be easy, As eating a pie !lol

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Very unlikely...

Think about it... The original DS is about to go moot, but the DS emulator scene is still not 100% perfect. Heck other older consoles have had emulators created for them, but are still not 200% perfect. Take for example "Project64" for the "N64", the emulator's been around for years, but it still isn't 100% perfect.

With the 3DS I'm guessing it'll take another year or so before a stable emulator for it will surface. Heck the Flashcart scene for it hasn't even gone far yet either. And what would potentially be scary is that a 3DS emulator "MIGHT" require a slightly hefty system for it to run... onboard (integrated) graphics chips "may" be out of the question.

16. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be a 3DS emulator for at least a year or two.

17. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i agree man but lets be positive :)

18. chummit000

chummit000 Member

The first versions of an actual emulator would probably emulate only one or a couple of specific games. It wouldn't be an all-purpose emulator right off the bat. Hopefully, anyone who can crack the coding will share it so the progress will be way faster.

19. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

And ends up sharing his hacking and bragging rights with others? Don't think so. He or she would choose to develop it alone to his furthest limit before asking for help. Human nature. Once an emulator is made, it won't just run 1-2 specific games, most of it would work. Especially those that uses EEPROM. Games like PKM X & Y and Animal Crossing that don't use EEPROM would likely be harder to work around. Just like the case faced by Gateway cart.

20. 8bitstory

8bitstory Member

A 3Ds emulator is actually a death spell. Nintendo is struggling with the current market, I haven't read news lately but the sales of 3DS (the story is the same with PSVita) and Wii U are down, not the same as their predecessors. If you have concerns with Nintendo, a 100% working 3DS emulator would bring their market share down, investors leave them. I don't have a 3DS but if someone would give it to me then it's alright :) On the other hand, parents prefer tablets/smartphones they have cheaper options when getting one, some games are free. If you are one of these kids then consider yourself unfortunate, you'll be disoriented of what you know of gaming. Whether you like or not mobile gaming is following the footsteps of PC, Square Enix for example already ported their FF remakes on mobile and their latest remake is FF6, I can't remember if the rest of the series will be ported or remake on mobile. You can just google it for more info.

You can't go wrong with a tablet especially with emulators, every console runs fine except for ps2 or psp, of course. Get a 10 inch with a quad cpu. Paid games on google play is no problem either, google is your friend. If you really want to "spend" just wait for PS4. or be happy with PS3 for a while.

Are those 3DS dumped roms legit? I guess those Chinese companies can't still figure out correctly on how to dump roms. A 3DS emulator dev should understand how to dump roms properly.

You can buy a 3DS console, you can sell the games later after you are done with it, the reason I don't have a 3DS because it's hardware is very limited for Nintendo first party games and most of the games that I expect are not yet available. I chose the Vita over the 3DS because of specs wise.
    I'm hoping for a 3DS emulator too that hopefully works on my tablet, fyi current quad core tablets are faster than PSvita's specs. So like I said tablets are going to the path of PC.