1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how does the ranking sistem work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J A C O B, May 3, 2008.

1. J A C O B

J A C O B Well-Known Member

how does the ranking sistem work ???

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Post rank? You post and then you get higher in rank. Not that it matters anyway. It's just a number.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

All done on posts, really just there to make things a little more fun, doesnt really have any other purpose, People with a higher rank aren't any better than people with a lower rank :p

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

But just because the rank system is based on posts doesn't mean you can just spam

Just enjoy it here in the forum, share your opinions crack jokes & have fun!!

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

a little cheat for you, J A C O B:

although the post count doesn't show in the threads, you can just go to that person's profile, and to their last posts at the bottom of the page. go to their last page, and the last post has a number. that number is the number of posts that person has. ;D

but just like almo and cahos said, it has no difference on your knowledge, and you can't spam anyway. don't get into any kind of competition, it'll probably end badly.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The Rank System only signifies two things really:

1. How long you've been an active Member. Guys like jin_kazama, Born2killx, anandjones, loonylion, seph & others with 6 star levels are people who've been here since day one. And because they've been around for so long & have helped the community a lot some of them became our "masters" err, moderators & admins. They're the guys who keep order in our little 'ol town, yep, cross the law, & yer history pardner. Banned!

2. The rank shows how talkative you are, like me I keep yapping & yapping & soon enough my rank became 5 stars!!

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol you would think so... anandjones hasnt been here that long at all, and neither have I really. He really just spends a lot (and I mean ALOT!) of time online....you should probably seek professional advise for that anandjones....

The best way to see who puts the effort in is to go to the main forum page, and at the bottom above whos online there is a 'more stats' link, click that and itll show you a whole range of interesting things.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Total number of members: 215490!?

That's a lot, but sadly only less than 50 people are active forum participants :(

9. J A C O B

ONLY 50 PEOPLE holly sh** that sucks

10. yeah, but would you rather have a few thousand people talking about pointless stuff....you'd have to promote a lot more people to moderators...(I shall crush you XD)

the system is alright, not very important of course, but interesting to see who is active etc etc.
    all hail King Seph :D

11. anandjones

Yeah, most of the hours online were me making those lists in the Trading Station. And because I've been grounded lately, there's no going out. And most of the time, I leave myself logged in, even if it's my brother's turn on the computer.

12. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I leave myself logged in 24/7, though after 5mins or so of no activity it stops counting towards my time online. Is this normal? cause if not then what is my stupid laptop doing wrong.

I have Total time logged in: 8 days, 12 hours and 58 minutes. though ive been pretty much logged in and online since I joined in September :S

13. anandjones

It might not be your laptop, as there's a bug with our firefox and sometimes when you load a new webpage, it refreshes all the other pages. So thus, adding more online time.

14. just curious, but is there somewhere that states how many posts it takes for a certain rank?
    not gonna spam or anything...just curious
    and one other question...can regular (free) members such as myself get to any rank (excluding administrator, duh :p)
    or is there only so high you can get

15. anandjones

No, it doesn't say that anywhere. Any member can go up to the highest post rank they want, but they can't choose to be a moderator or global moderator or admin :p

16. J A C O B

how do you get to be one

17. I do believe theres a topic somewhere about that J A C O B...
    and whats the difference between a moderator and a global one?

18. anandjones

A normal moderator like me only moderates a few or selected boards, global moderators moderate all of them.

19. sounds like global moderator was made for me ^_^

*plots global domination....over romulation*

and who said I can't rhyme XD

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

[me=Loonylion]adds codemeister1990 to the 'will never be global mod' list[/me]

J A C O B: you don't. Moderators and global moderators are chosen at the sole discretion of Seph and myself when we decide we need another one. And we don't need any more.