1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How does all this works ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neon32, May 5, 2013.

1. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

guys i have been in this forum for about 2 years and all these days whenever i opened this forum i had questions coming up in my mind so i have finally decided to ask it you guys may find these questions silly and stupid but i really couldn't help but ask them :
    (in these questions i dont intend any offense on any one )

1.who founded this website just seph or Loony and seph, i mean whose idea was it to make a Rom hosting website ?
    2.are the admins of this friends like neighbors or met in school or collage friends or just strangers whom seph recruited?
    3. are all the neighbors from same locality or do they meet each other in Skype (im mean are they from different countries ?)?
    4.No offense to any one, do admins of this website have any other jobs other than being admins of this website ?
    5.So is it that only the servers are based in Denver or the admins are form Denver ?
    6.i know Romulation depends on revenue from ads to maintain itself , but most of the users dont click these ads then wont RomU be facing some money shortage ?
    7. dont the admins get any court warrants when they host most of the latest Roms ?

i hope im not breaking any rule and being offensive . :)

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

1. The "site" started on a forum, where Seph (at the time, he was known as NoFear) uploaded ROMs.
    2. No, not neighbours. At the time of making the site, Seph needed someone that had the skills Loonylion has.
    3. They're from different countries, and chat via MSN.
    4. Seph has another job, Loonylion is currently unemployed.
    5. I'm not sure about this one.
    6. RomUlation makes money from advertisments and premium. Just because people don't click on an ad, does not mean they don't receive any revenue. And besides, there are still the odd person that mistakes the "download" button for an ad.
    7. Mostly just DMCA notices. When Seph receives one of these, he removes the ROM.

Most of this information I got from the "Know your Ancients" thread.
    Give it a read.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

5) servers are in denver, seph is from Denmark, and I'm from England.

4. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

loony did you celebrate thutcher's death ?xD

5. Loonylion

No. I don't agree with most of her policies and she did a hell of a lot of damage to this country, but I don't believe it's right to celebrate the fact that someone is dead. For all her faults she was human.

6. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

i saw it in the news that people were celebrating. also i heard i cant really recall the name of that town that most damage was done to some people that they are declaring it a national day?the day of her death?lol

7. Loonylion

there were some parties yes, mostly in scotland and the north of england, where most of the damage was caused.

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Can we please swing this back on topic.

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

No, you're cool Loony. Post whatever you like. You're the boss, El Hombre.

10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

yep you are the boss :)

but i would like to know how did seph find you , you know did he post an ad or some thing ?

its really ineresting to know how all the thing started out .

11. Loonylion

we met on a warez forum where he was a mod and I eventually became an uploader.

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

you guys really make a good team here. :).

and thanks for all your replies & the know your ancients thread is interesting .