1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how do you update the cheats on the R4DS??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tamatec, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamatec

tamatec Member

I read some topic on this but i still do not understand. I tried using the Cheat Code Editor but it was just too troublesome... please help me >.<

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The one from the website? It's easy. First of all, you can check your .nds games id code by going Tools then Get GameID.

Then create a new database and go Code then Add game. Type in the name of your game and paste it's gameid in the correct boxes.

You can add folders to your database if you want by going Code then Add folder. Now to add cheats. Go to http://www.codejunkies.com/ and search for your game. Make sure the gameID of your ROM and the one on codejunkies match. Then copy the code you want and go Code then Add cheat. Type the cheat name so you know which ones you're enabling and type in any other info and then in the big text box, paste your code into there. For every code you want to add, just go Code then Add cheat again. Save it as usrcheat.dat and save it in the root folder of your MicroSD. Then go to the game you added cheats for, it should have a button that says Y Cheats, hit Y then enable your cheats.

There are other information you might need on this page. http://www.r4ds.com/soft/5-other-en.htm

Hope this helped.

3. alan_blue

alan_blue New Member

are there any cheats for ben 10 alien force and ben 10 protector of the earth

4. alan_blue

alan_blue New Member

and wat do u mean by a new data base
    it's so confusing

5. forevolution

forevolution Member

GBATemp has some good cheat updates and a big database covering nearly all of the DS Games, it's regularly updated.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

Download the latest 'USRCHEAT.DAT.ZIP' file (at the moment the latest is: '03_04_09_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip')

You will also need a program called 'R4CCE' which you can google and download for free.

(1)Open the program and then click File>Open, locate "usrcheat.DAT" and a list of the games will come up
    (2) Delete the games from you list that you dont have (saves room and R4 has a problem if the cheat databases list of games is too long). You can delete them easily by click the game and then there is an option 'DELETE' above the list of the games (DO NOT delete the first game called "!Codes Placeholder.").
    (3) After you've finished deleting the un-needed games, click File>Save and keep the file name exactly as it is.

How to add them onto your R4DS:
    (1) Go to your SD card and paste the "usrcheat.dat" file in the root folder.
    (2) If prompted to replace an older cheat file, click “yes” to proceed and overwrite the old cheat database.

I've never used an R4DS Myself, but i'm very sure that is how you would add them.. good luck.

6. AcDCRocks

AcDCRocks Member

is there any websites with updated usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat file already with all the game cheats included and done already coz im only 14 and cant find any sites for them coz i want to play tony hawks and undercover need for speed and a couple of other games and with the updated files needed for the cheats to work on r4ds

7. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Well,R4DS use Cheat.dat not UsrCheat.dat so you can find the cheat at here.It's updated.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
    However,keep in mind though,to use cheat in R4DS it has limitation.The cheat file must not exceeded 4MB which mean you have to edit the cheat or delete some cheat by using R4CCe.R4CCe can be obtained at here.

http://home.usay.jp/pc/soft.html

Just scroll down till you find the word R4CCe.

8. anandjones

It's recommended to use usrcheat.dat.

9. forte_amirul

Mine is Cheat.dat.Is that make a different?

10. anandjones

Newer versions of the firmware are slightly more compatible with usrcheat.dat. Either is usually fine though.

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Usrcheat.dat the smallest size, ain't it?

12. anandjones

Whatever is named usrcheat.dat.

13. AcDCRocks

AcDCRocks Member

what is the difference between usr and cheat.dat files coz if i dont have both files i cant have cheats some one make a guide with links to help me out i would really appreciate it

14. anandjones

Just use usrcheat.dat without any other .dat databases, in the _system_ folder.

15. AcDCRocks

AcDCRocks Member

can you add me on msn so you can explain it to me and you tell me what to do and i do it and i would really appreciate it i am online on msn

Post Merge: [time]1245233142[/time]
    MY msn is [email protected]
    Post Merge: [time]1245229973[/time]
    can you please help i am gettin frustrated from trying i have tried 15 times to o it and it hasnt got the latest or updated files

Post Merge: [time]1245227677[/time]
    whats the difference between usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat file

Post Merge: [time]1245225579[/time]
    can someone please help i really want to play games with cheats for fun

Post Merge: [time]1245222315[/time]
    anandjones i have just put usrcheat.dat file on my ds and i left the xml and database file in there and took out cheat.dat and i looked at the cheats and there is hardly any cheats in there i had cheats for gta and a hole heap of others and when i downloaded the latest one gta cheats were gone

16. forte_amirul

Well,you need either Usrcheat.dat or Cheat.dat.Just one of them.Put the cheat in _system_ file.That should do it.

17. AcDCRocks

AcDCRocks Member

im in msn

18. forte_amirul

And please don't play with Post Merge.

19. Bedjoe92

Bedjoe92 Member

i'm using r4ds ultra and not all cheats are working.
    would anyone b so kind to tell me how to fix it??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.