1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how do you save retro games on ds?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by julie s, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie s

julie s Member

hi ive downloaded lameboy onto my r4 and that now works fine for the retro games eg pokemon blue/yellow but it wont let you save any of the games,it lets you save it but when you switch it back on theres only the option to start a new game,is there somthing else i need to download onto my r4 for it to save the games? thanks for your help in advance julie

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I've never had that problem julie on my acekard...

But until you find a required answer-there should be a save state's option-save exactly where you are-but you need to set the slot...

Just go slot one and save there-and save over it...

Not sure what the deal is-On my acekard it saves fine when using ingame saving.

Are you using the latest firmware-or latest (or should I say-final) version of lameboy?

3. julie s

julie s Member

just to let you know i read on a web site to try and press x once youve saved it so tried it and it now saves but you have to press x after each save i now have peace n quite cause the kids are happy so hope that helps someone else as well thanks

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, saving using Lameboy's functions is recommended if in-game saving isn't compatible. Although it should work anyway, I've saved normally fine. You might need to DLDI patch them. Read the Common Issues if you're interested :) https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.