1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How Do You Raise Your Rank?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 465740, Jul 24, 2009.

1. 465740

465740 Well-Known Member

ive seen a lot of people that are professional gamers and im just a casual gamer does any one know how to raise that (right now i think it is by posting on the forum a lot please tell me if im wrong)

2. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Yeah it's by posting, but post smartly, don't spam, or you're going to get banned

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's posting on the forum, you get up a rank starting at 50 posts, then 100, then 200 etc etc. Just double them, you go up. :\

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Posting in Forum Games Jokes & Random doesn't affect your post count.

5. crazytuna

Yeah cause that section is considered as spam :p

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Your not mister innocent either ;)

Anyway keep posting and eventually it will change in time. I'd actually wished my "rank" title would stay at Retro Gamer.

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I want to ask? Is there anyway to bring down the post count?

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

If you really want I guess you might be able to talk an admin into it.

They can change that sort of thing.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The real question is, does it matter?

10. Blade5406

Okay, thanks. Might do it later on.

11. crazytuna

But why do you want to lower your posts?
    each posts proves that you left your mark here on Romu

12. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I think it would be quite nice to be able to show that you have been here longer and thus have seniority in RomU

13. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

its not about seniority, its about being helpful and showing support, even if your just 1 day old or a pioneer member, it doesnt matter. If you break the rule, your still punished or banned. and even if you are new here, if the admin thinks your worthy to be a mod, then they have the power to do that

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Another one?
    Is this the new question to always ask?

No offence-just a thought.
    (try not to make spam threads/post, it's annoying-we already have 2 people who do that-just sit back and think before you post, post your own topics once you think it's safe to do so ie not already made-try the search function before hand)

15. Blade5406

He wasn't asking for something like that, I think. He just wants to know how the rank goes up(normal users)?

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I know-this is just the third time someone asked-not implying the same user is asking.

When I first joined here no one asked-and I been here for a little while now.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We won't, however. We need to see how people develop over time to determine if they would make a good moderator. As an example, Cahos really wasn't suitable mod material when he started here. Over time he calmed down and proved that he was consistent about following the rules, and reliable, qualities we desire in a moderator. Then there was a flame war in games and jokes, and although Cahos was involved; he was not flaming or making things worse, whether intentionally or not, His conduct during the flame war was what made him stand out, and he became a moderator when we decided that games and jokes needed a moderator.

18. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we are proud of him. And he even apologize for not being active that much because of his graduate school degree. But i bet, after he finish his graduate degree, he will be more active again.

19. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

May I ask?
    Who do you mean?

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Must I give names?

Girate is one-the other I've since changed my mind on-he was just trying to find his way around here.