1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How Do You Play The Original GBA(Not SP) Out in The Sun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cowcat06, Sep 25, 2010.

1. cowcat06

cowcat06 Well-Known Member

The glare is so bad even inside. What is the best accessory to use for the GBA?-Does the light shield w/maginifer work?

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Ummm. Wrong section?
    And I'm not sure. I just use a bright light addon.

3. cowcat06

Which one do you have? & Using the light you have you can see outside?

4. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

you turn it so the light doesn't reflect off it... I found I could ONLY play it out in the sun. lol

5. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Funny, I could never play my ol' GBA in the dark :p Sun was its friend.

6. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I could never play my GBA in the dark. if I did I always had a flashlight with me.

7. cowcat06

Whoops I totatally forgot it's been so long since I had a GBA. It's nice to have one again. Your right I can easily see it outside especially in the bright sun. Even in the shade I can see. It's nice since I like to go outside I have something to play outside. & The Ds Lite is very hard to see outside because of the built in light. I bought it used just this month but the power light doesn't stay green well it does for a short time then it flickers to red & stays red even though I just charged the batteries. Is that something to worry about?

8. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Not really.

I think it's just a little power detection failure

9. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

hmm well if we're talking about NDS chargers, when i plug my charger into my DS i have to wiggle it until it stays orange indicating its charging, is this my DS or charger?

10. yoshi2889

This is for GBA problems but I'll answer your question anyway.

It could be both of them, but try to clean the charger slot in your DS a bit, since it is nearly impossible to clean the contacts of your charger.

11. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Just buy a mining helmet ;D It cost about 50 bucks and when you play it the flashlight that is attached shines nicely onto your GBA ;D Hope that helps ;D

12. yoshi2889

Do you already see someone with a mining helmet playing his/her GBA?

13. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

these backlit screens we have now have made us all spoiled... I picked up my old GBA to get in some pokemon silver action, and I could barely see the screen in a brightly lit room... I had to find my twisty GBA light so I could see

it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

14. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Nope ;D

But I did found this ;D
    [​IMG]

15. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

fancy little gadget you got there. I mean sure it does cover up a quarter of the screen but it still looks cool.