1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you play the games on the gamecube?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pinkypatwik143, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

How can you play the games on gamecube? Is there like an iSOS for it?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to have your system modded.

I know nothing about mod chips or soft mod methods for the gamecube though. I'm sure google will lead to something.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I was SOOO going to be a smartass with my response after reading the topic title, then I read ISO in the post.

I've been browsing around for gamecube mod chips but I haven't learned enough to be of much help to explain what you would need or would be the best.

4. xXGuydoXx

xXGuydoXx Active Member

There are plenty of chips for the good ol' cube. There is also SD load homebrew which only requires an Action Replay. Yes, ISO or GCM files are the game images for gamecube. Last thing I knew, the Viper Modchip series was quite popular. You would also need a new Case that allows full sized DVD's to fit in your Gamecube. (Not to mention Soldering equipment {maybe}, Blank DVD Media, Tri-wing Screwdriver)

5. pinkypatwik143

i didnt know they still sell stuff 4 gamecube

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you know where to look you can find it-ebay for som items-and mod chip stores/online dealers may still stock them-that's how I got mine.

7. silverkitty2012

silverkitty2012 Well-Known Member

ok, my son has a gamecube and since they are 30 dollars at gamestop, i can replace it if he breaks it. I use this...
    http://www.amazon.com/SD-Gecko-Adapter-Nintendo-GameCube/dp/B0018ZVRHQ/ref=pd_sbs_misc_2
    i cant tell you where to get it and i did not buy it from this page, but look into it. You dont have to open your gamecube and mess with anything. Just put the games on the card and put it in the memory card slot. simple. Also, if you have the gameboy player for the bottom of the gamecube, you can play gba games too.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My option cost more-but depending on how you go-it may make things easier...

xenogc- a no frill mod chip.

Homebrew apps that use sd cards won't work-but burnt games will...

Problem is-the laser POT needs to be adjusted-for even with a chip a good chance is that the gc won't even read them.

The lower the rating-the stronger the laser apparently.

My gamecube was 600 before the adjustment-now it's 330.

If you do it yourself let me know-I know where to find a guide-but cannot post it here as it's from a rival site.

If you find a modchip place-let them do it-and make sure they test a burnt game right in front of you-just to be sure :)

(also-unless the case is modded as well-you'll need mini dvd's for the gc-it can take full sized one's but one game per dvd-waste of data, unless you got a wii in which case you can do something to save dvd's...)

9. pinkypatwik143

yo then send me a messege at *posting your email in public is stupid*

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'll pm you instead-I prefer not to use email adresses-and prehaps remove the email adress out-just incase, for your dafety :)

11. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

As for the bigger discs couldn't you just use mini disc blanks?

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You could but mini dvd-r's are more expensive.

Apparently someone figured out how to CUT a full sized one just to save money...but it requires a bit of skill.

Also-you can't use any other than mini dvd-r, dual layer or -rw or even r+ fail.

Because of my laziness-I pay the money for the mini dvd's.

Also-not sure-but just to cover based-mini dvd's-not mini cd's (if there is such a thing :p )

13. Fennyariel

OMG Are you saying I could download ISO's here, burn them to a mini DVD-R, then play them on my gamecube?!

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

only if it has a modchip/softmod

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Mod chip-xeno is the best (there is one other but no idea where or what it is...)

Soft mod-there is an option for a memory card to boot code to the gc and then run iso's off that.

I can't confirm-but it may be mcboot (but that name belongs to the ps2 software of the same type-I only heard about this :( )

16. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

put the disc and hit the power button

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

A little more explanation mate?

Burnt games don't work so easiliy.

18. Fennyariel

OMG I just realized I never answered the actual topic! How do you play the games on the gamecube? Why with my controller of course! ;v)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.