1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how do you get wii games through a sd card slot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justinbtse, Mar 7, 2010.

1. justinbtse

justinbtse Member

if its possible is there a way to get wii games through the sd slot without damaging it? I used an adapter and a sd micro and then checked it with the usb for my r4 an it showed zip files. how i got it like that was that i got the games from the wii shop chanel. if this is possible then i will need web sites that have the games please. i have a mac

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Now you're talking about WII games right? And not WIIWARE? ???

There is a program for the Wii in which it loads games through the SD Card slot.

You need to partition the SD Card into a sizeable amount for your apps and to be able to put games onto the SD Card.
    Part of the partition needs to Fat32 for your apps and the other partition must be WBFS for your Wii games.

I have never delved into this part of the Wii scene because my Micro SD cards are for my PSP only.

But I know for a fact that you can do this.

3. justinbtse

justinbtse Member

I am talking about both. wii ware is just basicly a wii game but in a gb,mb,orkb form in other words comuter form and not in a disc form or phisical form therefore you can download and/or upload the files thru a sd or sd micro. so i need to test my theory. i need a website that has these computer form of the games to download that actually work. thanx for the info ace101

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can load WiiWare games from the SD Card slot, but if they are downloaded, you need the patched version of IOS70 in order to play and transfer them to the SD Card.

Check out this thread for more information and stuff. :p ====> http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411.msg638485#msg638485

I'm going to add some more information later on this week.