1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you get 19 hours of battery life for your DS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by awesomebros, Aug 23, 2010.

1. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Since Nintendo is always advertising that the DS lite has 19 hours of bettery life, I was wondering how this is obtained.

Do you keep the DS in sleep mode the whole time?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Turning off the back light would do it, but you can't do that on the lite can you?

3. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

This is from the official Nintendo DS Lite Manual:

4. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

i have 6hrs of battery life of my ds when playing on the lowest level brightness of my flashcart..

5. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I got 4 hours of battery life :( (yeah, I'm always using the brightest setting ^^)

6. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Yeah me to

After 3 a 4 hour straight play with
    the brightest setting I can start charging or
    I 'll lose data.:p:p

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that flashcarts have a higher power consumption than retail cards. And also, as the batteries get older, they hold less charge. So a new DS Lite without a flashcart, with the lowest light setting, playing a game that doesn't load too frequently (basically, not Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin) might just about reach 19 hours.

8. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

when I fist bought my ds (that's 1 year ago), I could play 2 days without charging. Now, I can only play 4 hours :p

9. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

my battery is screwed when i go to charge it i have to wiggle the charger cord until the orange charge light comes on, after about an hour ill have to wiggle it again so it starts charging again

10. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

I'd guess playing a retail GBA game on the lowest brightness with the sound off and a brand new battery might grant you 19 hours. I believe a DS game would rank for the 15 hour part of the 15-19 hour thing, using the same settings.

11. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Mine DS Lite is bought 3 months ago

When it was new I could play 2 days straight with my Acecard
    2i wit AKIO 1.7.1 and my light setting is always maximum.

Now I can play 3 a 4 hours max sometimes mostly 2 a 3 Hour
    until that damm battery is empty

I'll just buy another battery is cost not to much here in NL

12. chirag9

chirag9 Member

My DS lite is nearly a year old and i can play about 9 hours on it with an r4 card and at minuimum brightness.

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

My DS lite has around 4 hours at the lowest brightness setting, and 1 hour at the highest setting...

14. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

gawd, i've had mine for 2-3 years, and i still get about 10 hours, on highest setting, with my AK2i... o_O