1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you change R4i Gold skins?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by will1008, Dec 22, 2009.

1. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I need help. I just switched to R4i Gold (my EDGE broke) and since I was used to putting skins on my EDGE (which was easy) I don't know how to put skins on my R4. Can somebody help me?

2. heroico

heroico New Member

Just put the skin files into the _system_/themes directory on your R4i card for the current month and any other month you want that skin to appear. You can have a different one for each month or the same one all year round.

3. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

Did you know you can putt on a R4i Gold any R4 skin/theme? But it must be in 16bit format...you can convert the 24bit skin of a R4 to 16bit with some software you can find arround. Figured out that myself :p (my first thing i figured out regarding flashcarts.... now im proud :D )
    I talked/asked about this since January arround here or something like that, but noone replied about it... now i can confirm it works. I accidentaly found this post. Sorry for the bump

Hurraaay :D

4. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Thanks! That was one big bump, but at least you posted something helpful!
    But is there a possible way of changing it without damaging the picture's colors?

5. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

Well it wont be visible in your console,dont worry... it is not that a big issue. And it wont look crappy either. If im wrong,please tell me what went wrong.