1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How Do I Use The NDS Web Browser?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jackketchum, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackketchum

jackketchum Active Member

Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to get the NDS Browser working? Or perhaps point me to a walkthrough or guide somewhere. I use a CycloDS Evolution with v1.57 firmware.

Thanks in advance.

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You need a slot-2 RAM expansion pack such as the official one that comes with the browser or the EZFlash 3in1.

3. jackketchum

And if I don't have one? Also, is that the best web browser available for the DS, or is perhaps DSOrganize better?

4. tehuber1337

If you don't have one, you'll have to use one of the homebrew browsers. IIRC, you have the following options:
    - DSHobro
    - DSOrganize
    - Bunjalloo
    - Retawq (in DSLinux)
    - Okiwi

5. jackketchum

Which would be best? I'm trying DSOrganize, and it's not showing anything when I try to access a webpage.

6. tehuber1337

Check that your wifi connection is set up correctly. SSID broadcast should be enabled and your network should be WEP-secured, if at all.

I'm not one to compromise network safety for the sake of internet on a slow machine with a tiny screen so I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I hear DSHobro is the best. However, it requires you to set up some software on your PC first and leave it running (IIRC all the web processing is done by your computer and the result is just streamed to your DS, making for a smoother though somewhat more complex experience). For standalone browsers, you're probably best off with DSOrganize, but use v3.1129 as v3.2 is notoriously unstable in comparison.

7. jackketchum

There's nothing wrong with my wireless; this laptop I'm currently using (borrowed) is connected via wireless (WEP-secured) and I had no issues with Ragnarok DS yesterday. I'll try 3.1129 now, since I was using 3.2.

EDIT: I've just tested my connection through Ragnarok DS' WiFi menu, and there was no connection issue at all. Why doesn't DSOrganize work properly?

8. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

It won't work with all pages. Try Google.com, that is a very simple page and it should work on nearly all browsers. Before I got my slot-2 card, I used Bunjaloo. It's a bit more stable than the DSOrganize one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.