1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I use Daemon Tools Lite

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tyguy94, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyguy94

tyguy94 Member

The image is on my computer, im trying to burn a game to disc to play on ps1

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use or go into the Image Burning Mode/Wizard etc., select the image file (.cue if there is one), and the burn at the slowest speed.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

daemon tools lite can burn images? I thought that was limited to the pro version?

4. anandjones

Hah, you're right, it can't. Haven't used it in a long time, and never used Lite.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

tyguy94: download and install imgburn from www.imgburn.com. Once installed, run it and click the 'burn image to disc' button. Choose the image file and set the speed to 2x if you can, or 4x if it won't allow 2x.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

He's actually trying a few things suggested to him in these threads:
    Here.
    and
    Here.

Basically he has a Bin and Cue file, and cannot burn it using imgburn because it gives him the error "Failed to send CUE sheet" even though the Bin and Cue are both in the same folder.I had suggested that he mount the BIN to a virtual drive and rip an ISO from it, then try to burn the ISO to a disc. I didn't know if it was a good idea, or if it would work, but who knows.

Now, to tyguy94, you should keep the conversation in one thread so that people get to know the whole story and all the previous information. This will help them help you more. Spreading out a single problem over multiple threads just confuses the issue and leads to you not getting the help you are after.

7. tyguy94

tyguy94 Member

K thanks Tirithrr

8. TirithRR

To use Daemon Tools Lite:

Run the program. Should be a short cut in your start menu, or desktop, if not you'll have to go to the program directory and run the exe itself.

A small grey circle with a black "lightning bolt" type design should appear in your system tray. Right click on this icon.

Click on "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM"

Click on "Set Number of Devices" Set this to 1 (It should default to 1).

Click on "Device 0: [*Drive Letter*:] No Media"

Click on "Mount Image"

Browse to your BIN file and choose it. Now you can treat this as an actual CD in your computer, and rip an image using imgburn's "Create file from Disc" option. I believe imgburn defaults to ISO, but if not, you can click on the little folder icon in the "Destination" field and change it to ISO (or BIN or IMG).

9. tyguy94

tyguy94 Member

Im confused under supported files it only has .cue file not bin

10. TirithRR

Just go to file types, and choose *.* (All Files)

You can choose the BIN file through there, and it will work. But in reality the CUE is just pointing to the BIN anyway.

11. anandjones

You need to choose the .bin there (although it should be showing .bin files by default).

12. TirithRR

I thought it should too. But I'm using 4.30.3 and .bin is not a choice unless you choose the All Files (*.*) option.

Even though it accepts and supports BIN files, for some reason they are not shown when you choose the "All Supported Images"

Probably just a small bug in Daemon Tools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.