1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I transfer HG/SS (U) save data to the retail cart

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Karasueatyou, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Karasueatyou

Karasueatyou Member

Ok so I downloaded the HeartGold (U) rom off Romulation on Friday and I got pretty far into the game. But I also reserved HeartGold at my local Gamestop back in January so I could use the PokeWalker. But now that I tried using my PokeWalker, (And I know this is happening to a LOT of people) the PokeWalker doesn't work with the HG rom. I want to know if it's possible to send my save data from my rom/PC to my retail cart. I know that it's possible to send it from the retail cart to PC, but I don't really know if it's possible to do it the other way. I was going to use PokeSav for the codes and stuff, but I gave away my action replay a few months ago.

If it matters, I have an Acekard 2i with AKAIO the latest firmware.

2. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

i don't think so
    im probably wrong though

3. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it's impossible. Just play the retail version far enough to trade, then trade whichever pokemon you want to use in the pokewalker, and trade back.

That's how I'm going to do it.

4. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

yes its possible,i used action replay max duo to do it

5. Karasueatyou

Karasueatyou Member

Yeah but I wanna try to do it without the help of an Action Replay or PokeSav.

6. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

Sorry, theres no way to do this

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do this.
    There are numerous homebrew programs out there that will backup and restore save files to and from retail cards. Like Nemesis said, even the Action Replay can do this.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
    Go under Essential Utilities.
    You can use the NDS Backup Tool, or the NDSTool.

8. SW4J

SW4J Active Member

Kinda seems pointless to have save backups via an action replay if you can't restore the save...I thought there was a way via the DS action replay to restore converted save files onto an official cartridge. Never done it myself, but I was sure it was possible.

9. Karasueatyou

Karasueatyou Member

Are you certain that this works on HG/SS? Not that I'm doubting you but I've read posts on other forums that a program called REIN or something didn't work for the Jap version of HG/SS. (Out of topic: Futurama is my favorite show :D)

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, I know it works on other games. I can't really see any reason why it wouldn't work on this game.

Of course always backup anything you don't want to lose in case anything goes wrong.

11. Karasueatyou

Karasueatyou Member

I will backup everything lol thanks. But this game is different than most cause of the infrared thing. That probably has nothing to do with it, but one can never be too sure.
    Post Merge: [time]1268616863[/time]
    Ok so the NDS Backup Tool is working, but only to download the rom from the cart to my pc (which I don't need) And I put my HG save data into my temp file on my computer but I don't know how to send it from the temp file to my ds.

12. Dialexio

Dialexio New Member

The NDS Backup Adapter Plus is the only option for transferring saves to/from retail HeartGold/SoulSilver cards. At the time of posting, using Action Replay (DUO and DSi) doesn't work, and existing DS homebrew doesn't work.

13. Karasueatyou

Karasueatyou Member

I'll consider buying this. Thanks

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

It works you need a suitable guide to do it though.
    Try rein v17. It should work fine. If not, try savsender. I don't know where to get them or how to use them, but I saw them on linfoxdomain.