1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I tell if a psp is hackable?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, May 6, 2011.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I really honestly couldn't figure out which category to post this in, none of them were appropriate. Someone is selling a psp 2001 and I need to know if it's hackable or not. I do know that if it has the TA-088v3 motherboard, it can't be hacked. Thing is, I don't know how to find out whether or not it has that motherboard.

A bunch of websites suggest downloading some kinda software to detect that, but since I don't have the psp, I can't do that, so I need to ask the guy something to find out. I asked him what the serial number is, but that info didn't help me at all. He most certainly won't remember what firmware was on it at the time of purchase.

What else can I ask him?

2. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

How about buying a memory stick and putting this: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1725 on it. It'll identify whether it's hackable or not. Bring it with you next time you visit the guy. Be sure to keep a list of what PSPs are hackable/unhackable when visit. And be sure to name the folders on the memory stick correctly so the PSP can identify them: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2050608?start=0&tstart=0

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Every PSP is hackable at this point. Many CFW's are signed to be booted on OFW as a temp CFW that just has to be booted each time.

The only important thing is your firmware number. 6.37 and 6.38 are big no-no's. Ideally, you want 6.20 or below.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Both 6.38 and 6.37 already been hacked months ago, but it is only for 1k and early 2k model.

6.35 also has its own CFW, and can be permanent, as well for 6.20

To OP, ask him again about the firmware, if it somewhere around 5.03 - 6.20, then you're good to go.
    You can just use PSPIdent to tell which motherboard you have, or the 'g' model.

5. LuckyTrouble77

6.38 for sure isn't cracked. It is far too new. Sure, if you have pandora, you can downgrade whenever on the correct firmware models, but that's an unlikely situation to be in.

6.20 TN-D (I believe that's the one) has excellent PSP compatibility, but PSX compatibility does suffer. It also has a permanent patch, while anything after is only temporary.

6. meganova

.. 6.38 already been cracked, if you have been following the scene. The CFW for it is ME.

Like I said, 6.20 already has CFW, called PRO.

and TN-HEN also working on 6.38, but it will not be released.
    In addition to that, the latest HEN is TN-E.

7. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

What is the date code behind the battery.You want 8b or under to be sure.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah. 6.38 has its own CFW already. - http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-6-38-me-v1-released-for-psp-2000/

Been out for a while now.

9. LuckyTrouble77

No wonder nobody cares. It's only for 1000 and 2000 series. The higher firmwares are more important to those with Go's and 3000's who updated thinking their's was unhackable. A CFW for those that can be easily downgraded is kinda meh.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There is a hack for 6.38, but TN said he wouldn't release it due to the whiny bitches in the scene.

11. LuckyTrouble77

Those with 6.38 on 3000's and Go's will just have to wait for a signed downgrader it looks like.

12. meganova

Unfortunately, Davee's downgrader is only limited up until 6.35, and exploits has been patched on 6.36+,
    which means its unlikely to have downgrader on those OFW, unless the 6.38 exploit will be released...

13. LuckyTrouble77

There's a chance. Tools will just have to be updated by those that know how to do it and that don't hate everybody.

14. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Active Member

i think i'll stay with my good old 5.50 gen D3 =) I remember whose painful and exciting moments waiting hours for d3 to realese to be able to play narutimate accel 3 =)