1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do i put games on an R4 DS cartridge?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by icard4, Aug 28, 2011.

1. icard4

icard4 New Member

How do i put games on an R4 DS cartridge?
    i recently got an R4 cartridge and micro SD card for my DS. i have no idea how to put games on it though. i didn't get a disc with my R4 cartridge so i don't know whether i need software for it or not, and if i do i don't know where to get it. when i connect the micro SD card to my computer and try to access it from, "my Computer" it wont work. i have no idea what to do. can anyone help?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Well I can see that not only you're new in this forum, but also very green,

You just need to copy and paste the nds roms (gamename.nds) any where inside your SD Micro.
    If you're intending to play games that came out late 2009 or after 2010, you might need to add a secondary firmware such as Wood R4 or YSMENU. That will be an entire different case cause you'll need to specify what is your cartridge name (everything that is written on the body of your cartridge).
    In the above case, if your SD Micro is not read by your computer, it could mean;
    1. contact problem (your micro SD is not inserted properly into the computer slot)
    2. computer's micro SD slot is problematic (may need to use an external multi-card reader)
    3. micro SD is defective (need to buy a new one)

** Micro SD = SD Micro

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Are maybe you could try a diffrent USB post are anther PC

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

4. The drivers aren't install (propely)....