1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I make platinum run faster?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ruby6996, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruby6996

ruby6996 Member

Hi, im new this place so sorry if I post this thread in the wrong area. ;)

My question is that, when I open the menu in platinum, and go inside my bag, the game works slow. Is there any solution to this problem?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

most likely not, but try playing with the emulator settings.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If no$gba, change the Emulation Speed to unlimited MHz disaster, 50%, 10% etc. Make sure you're using 2.6a too.

4. ruby6996

ruby6996 Member

And how do i go to the emulator settings?

5. anandjones

Considered looking around on the emulator first? ;) Options tab > Emulation Setup.

6. robolink

robolink Well-Known Member

I've got the same problem except im running it on an actual card with my DS lite (acekard 2i with akaio 1.4.1 custom loader), tried everything, the menus have a nice 400ms lag between scrolling down, gets annoying but its "ok" i guess -.-'// Tried the original loader, old firmware, everything i could possibly think of. I would really like to know whats causing this..

This is more about unhealthy curiosity now lol, I could care less if i have to wait awhile to arrange my items but yeah. I really wanna know what it is that's causing thiiiiis x.x

PS. Sorry about the sloppy grammar, im like 5minutes away from passing out and saw this lol. Anyway t th th th thats all folks.

7. anandjones

Try backing up and reformat your MicroSD.

8. robolink

Ah, tried that too x.x

Gonna try upgrading from akaio 141 to akaio 141 proper >.> not really much of adifference, anyway.

9. anandjones

What brand of MicroSD?

10. robolink

Sec lemme check, uuum, kingston?
    Post Merge: [time]1243601104[/time]
    Crap its Sandisk sorry.

11. anandjones

Hmm. Consider buying a Japanese Kingston to see if that will change things. Your current MicroSD mustn't read fast enough.

12. robolink

How do you tell the difference between the kingstons? can you purchase them at electronic stores in the US like most microSD cards? or are they imported and one of those things you need to get online, if so can you send me a link to the place you purchased yours from. thanks.

13. anandjones

They should be stated somewhere where they're made. Check out amazon.com. Also, it doesn't need to be the Japanese kind, any Kingston type should do. And I'm going to sleep now :)

14. robolink

Me too, night man. take care. and thanks.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Scandisk works fine for me, but then again I don't have platnum, just the other versions, I defragment the disk everynow and then, have a little "buffer" space, and works fine...if I get the chance I might get platinum just to test why it's playing up...

Most likly because it's still kinda new it is an compatiility issue...like how UMK DS won't go multiplayer (I so wanted to beat my little bro...but...it won't link :( )

That is just a therory, not something confirmed...

16. ruby6996

ruby6996 Member

I dont know which brand my micro sdhc card is becuase it doesn't say anything on it. Igot my card from the nokia 5800.

17. anandjones

It wouldn't be very fast then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.