1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do i get over 300 games on R4 Card?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ltcook, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I do the cards for my kids and have a 4 GB card but can only get 66 games on it... My uncle bought 1 from china and has 300 games and its also a 4GB... If possible can someone tell me how to get more games on the card. i have looked everywhere and cant find an answer.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they're smaller games?

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The games are most likely smaller in size.
    8 MB games take up way less than 128 MB games.

Also, if your card supports it, get something like a 16 GB microSDHC.

I've got about 90 games on my 16 GB card that's about half full, but each game is at least 128 MB apiece. I have very few games that are less than 64 MB in size.

Also, you can use an NDS Trimmer to trim the rom sizes, but this decreases compatibility, and sometimes it may only trim a few MB instead of 30. Only trim roms that get large gains, but the slight decrease isn't worth the time or the compatibility loss.

4. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Some of the games of my uncles i have and mine say 32 or 64 and his say 8 or 16 for the same games.. How could that be?

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Trimmed versions, but again, they have decreased compatibility with the card. Some may not even work, others may have glitches during gameplay or have no Wi-Fi compatibility, etc.

The best way to find out is through trial and error, but always, always, always keep a clean ROM handy for when the trimmed ones don't work.

6. <3 Water

<3 Water Well-Known Member

Get a bigger card

7. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Wait a sec. Do you have an original R4? Then it is not possible. But I have over 300 games on my 16GB sd.

8. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I have always trimmed my ROMs and I've never once had a problem like that.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

trimming used to cause problems some years ago, I've not heard any recent reports of problems.

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Picross 3D is the last one I knew that caused problems with trimming. Trimming lead to wifi being completely broken. Since then though, there are no reports of trimming being problematic.

11. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I knew it used to, but I think that was pretty much back in the days when the R4 was the only flashcart (looooong time ago, at least five years).