1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I get Flashget to take over the download!!!! Urgent Pls

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Freebird2201, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebird2201

Freebird2201 Active Member

Hi can you tell me how to get Flashget to take over the download as with other download managers it automatically did it itself, but with this one it doesnt seem to do this. I have also tried right clicking and clicking on the one download with flashget but nothing happens. Is there something i need to do or can i change something on my computer. I am using windows xp professional and using Windows Internet Explorer.

Can anyone help please!!!! :)

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

What i used to do was, i would start a download, then right click on the download, i would click copy download link, then just paste it into flashget, although no clue if that works here. I'm sure there is an option in flashget to make it the default download manager

3. Freebird2201

I have tried this but not really sure how to do it so its not working. Have had a look in Flashget to make this default but cant find .... if anybody has any ideas please!!!

4. sylar1000

According to wikianswers, default download is an option when installing, if you must, just reinstall it and there should be an option

5. Freebird2201

I though I had done that but i will try again, i have downloaded this about three times already and it still wont work. Anything else it could be! I will try downloading it again though!

6. sylar1000

Someone said that holding Alt + Ctrl and clicking on the download link will force flashget to try and download it

7. Freebird2201

Your a genius that has worked :) but now when i try to extract the files with winrar it comes up with failed and file is corrupt any more ideas!!!!

Thanks!!!!

8. sylar1000

No problem, genius, nah lol, i just typed what i found online.

corrupted? ouch

is it a game on here? if so, which game?

9. Freebird2201

It has done it on two Smart Girls Playhouse - page 2 and Sweet 16 (not sure if I am doing it write I am trying Professor Layton now to see whether that works if it doesnt it is obviously something I am doing wrong.

Thanks! :)

10. sylar1000

I just uploaded smart girls playhouse to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?mxjmmhnyzzo

try downloading and extracting, if it works i will upload sweet 16 to it

Oops, thats the first one, didn't see the second one

i will upload the 2nd one

2nd one http://www.mediafire.com/?mmntjmgmzmi

sweet 16 http://www.mediafire.com/?iowdzzjm1ja

11. Freebird2201

I sorry for being dumb but could you explain what I need to do and why and this is all really new to me (all I have ever done is download the odd thing and unzip).

I have tried what you have sent me but the downloading % just gets stuck and will not do anymore, is this normal as I seem to have this alot!!!

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Just for info, you may want to use Free Download Manager as your Download Manager.
    Easier to use than Flashget.

13. Freebird2201

I tried that one and i couldnt get it to work properly, I think it is probably me :-[

Thanks

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Really ? Should be easy though.
    Did you use the latest version ?
    Post Merge: [time]1263324489[/time]
    Or else, it is also recommended to use Orbit Downloader if you want to try

15. Freebird2201

Your not going to believe it but I tried that too and I couldnt get it to work, but I have now managed to get Flashget to work for the time being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.