1. This forum is in read-only mode.

(//.-)how do i delete???

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kryz, Sep 22, 2007.

1. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

mmm... about a week ago.... the power company in our *3rd world country* province was at a mess...
    the power kept fluctuating every now and then... i was trying to download pokemon diamond which was 17MB i think...
    and it always stopped because of a sudden power surge...

now when i look at my profile at romulation... i got like... 8 copies of pokemon diamond downloads and i didnt even get to use it yet!!! how can i delete this stuff???

PS... i still dont have a NDS emulator... can anyone help me where to look for one?? please...

2. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

no$gba is probably the best to use at the moment

http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

as for the profile thing, just ignore it.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You obviously can't delete stuff from your profile, it's stuck until we clear the entire database for reasons unknown.
    You can use a download manager to download so if it stops then it will resume it and it won't show up several times.

4. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

erm... sorry... >.<

5. Seph

No need to be sorry, I'm just stating fact here. Not like you can do anything against power surges.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

apart from a UPS and a surge protector? :p

7. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

mmm... im poor... >.<

i think i cant do anything about that either... :-[

8. realg187

realg187 Well-Known Member

Can others see what I have downloaded?

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm pretty sure that no one else but you can see what you've downloaded. Except maybe Seph and Loony of course :p

10. Seph

Err, it's possible but it's not announced/linked anywhere, we might decide to include it in a sort of public profile though. So basically, if you don't want other people to know then don't download it.

11. realg187

Are Seth and Lion the only 2 admins? Can mods see too?

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

No, we(the mods) are pretty much responsible for keeping the forums clean and nothing else. We don't have any special powers that I know of on the site itself.

13. JloveE

JloveE New Member

....pkmn diamond @ 17 gig ? ._.

14. Seph

Everyone can see it if they know how to get to it, there are no restrictions on it. So don't go downloading kiddie games if you don't want people to know you (as in your nick) downloaded it. :p

15. realg187

If i ever did they wouldn't be for me anyways!

I will admit to palying:

Zelda (not in a long time)
    Mario
    Azure Dreams
    Dragon Warrior

There arent many Gangsta Games so I listen to music more than I play games.

16. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

feel free to look for mine lol I dont see why people would care what you download, theres nothing adult on here.
    94 Downloaded 1941.81 MB - woah lol not bad considering I only DL DS.

17. Seph

I thought the same, which is also why I haven't linked it anywhere. :p
    I'm just saying it might happen in the future if a profile update is made.

The original intention of logging the data was to hand it over to the F... err I mean was to analyse it and based on your downloads then suggest new games you would like. It's a little something called collaborative filtering, it works by comparing your downloads to other people downloads and then find a close match to your taste and pick games from that person.

It was sort of dropped since there was too much data and the fact that just because you download it, it doesn't necessarily mean you like it. So we figured we'd use ratings instead. So start rating games, eventually they might be for more than just helping others. :p

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ sounds cool but yeah also sounds like a lot of work that could be put elsewhere, I havn't started rating games yet but I should. *goes and rates all 94 games*

19. Seph

Well I often see people ask "Which game should I play?" so this would be an ideal way to tell them, plus it'd be an incentive to rate games which benefits the site as a whole. I'd actually list it as one of the more important features to work on, I'd like to know what you find more important though, perhaps I missed something. :)

20. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

speed is important :p im in NZ so i get probably the slowest speed out of anyone here. But i know theres not alot (within your budget) you can do about that. With ISOs then yeah im sure it will be well worth it, however with NDS roms being so small I usually just download a game and try it instead of asking others, everyone has thier own tastes so usually asking someone else is useless as ive found. If people start filtering via the rating system then I think that would be enough, however a scale of 1-5 isn't the most accurate, 1-10 might be better to refine down a bit more.