1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I burn an play Dreamcast isos on my Dreamcast?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jiminy Crickets, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I was given a Dreamcast today and I was wondering exactly what I needed to do to burn a Dreamcast iso and play it on my Dreamcast.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

From what I understand, Dreamcast discs were special, since the tracks of data were spaced closer together than a usual CD.

I believe you need a program called DiscJuggler to burn them correctly. And that works with .CDI files. Then there is something about a boot disc being used if they are not CDI files.

Maybe someone else can expand on that.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use something like DiscJuggler. You should just be able to grab the games from RomUlation, and burn the .cdi with DiscJuggler. If it comes in another format, just use Alcohol etc.

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Yes you need DiscJuggler and a compatible burner check www.padius.com to see if your drive is listed, IF its not listed you can download the demo and try it out or find a compatible burner.

Most of the images are .cdi which are self bootable few need what is called a Utopia boot disk where you would load up first and do a swap disk.

.cdi is the preferred image, but some images are found as .mds, .bin/.cue and .nrg where you would use other burning software.

I've been working on DC games myself here and so far I had a good success rate, but I am still learning as well, but I might be able to help out where I can. feel free to PM me about it.

5. Jiminy Crickets

Wow! Thanks, you guys are great I am downloading an iso now as well as discJuggler. I will try your suggestions and let you all know. Thanks again.

6. Jiminy Crickets

Works great! thanks guys.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Good deal glad to hear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.