1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How can i convince my mum to let me get an Xbox 360??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bikeboy99, Nov 20, 2010.

1. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

Any ideas?

2. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Tell her you'll pay for half of it and then sell a heap of stuff. Worked for my Wii.

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Show her how much a ps3 costs! :p
    Tell her the games are cheaper than for any other console, its 4 for £20 now 2nd hand with some even cheaper.
    And you can use any usb HDD so you can just get the arcade version thats really cheap.

4. bikeboy99

Im getting the new black Xbox 360 Slim 4gb bundled with Kinect for $380 i have about $300 now, Im not getting it for kinect its the only Xbox 360 deal i can find

5. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

ps3 still ends up being cheaper and more reliable as the years go on. well, that's only if she actually looks deeper into comparisons.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

imo, the PS3 has more value for what you pay. Free online that's decent; Blu Ray player; multimedia hub; it's a more reliable machine; etc. Granted the you need an HDTV to attain it's full value.

7. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I remember my uncle actually buying a 1080p full HD ready solely to play a PS3 that came in PAL.

8. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Threaten suicide.

9. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

the difference when playing games on a console with an HDTV are noticeable, which is sometimes good and other times bad.

10. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

ps3 is perfectly fine without hd

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

What is it with all this "help me convince x".

If you parents says no then it's a no, learn to respect their choice, they're 100 times smarter than you.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm buying one just cause I want to have another console besides the Wii that's not modified in some way.

Like Seph said, if your parents say no, then listen to them. They are your parents after all.

13. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

In roughly 1 month until Christmas is coming. Do a few good things after you asked or whatever and hope for the best.

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

If your paying for it, whats the problem? Does she want you to save the money or something?

15. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Isn't black friday or something?Just convince your mom that you are getting a really good deal if she buys it.

16. bikeboy99

Nah I've got about $230 in the bank and she wont let me get that out so i need to save up $200+ , oh and she's letting me get one ;D

17. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Be 18 or older.

18. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

That you won't react like that kid from Barry and pay for it yourself. Kidding best just to get one on your own if you own they can't take what's not there's,though you might need solar panels, a shed, a tv, a couch, internet, a job, paying rent...just so they can't say nothing....silence is sometimes golden

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

To just watch all the blue ray extra content is enough, I dont have a HDTV :p

Do try this, suggest a ps3 as a blue ray player, the features total means it's value for money.

360 means no online play unless you wish to pay more.

20. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

Genius and a lot less work. Also I would suggest wait for some to come out with a emulated version that way you get it for free