1. This forum is in read-only mode.

homebrew web browser for NDS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ironmunky, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironmunky

ironmunky Member

Is there a simple, working homebrew (or otherwise) web browser for NDS? I've tried the DS web browser ROM but it just says something about inserting a memory expansion and shuts the DS down.

And all the searches I've done for DS homebrew browsers turnout apps that are difficult and confusing to install, and are full of people who are having trouble getting them working.

Does anyone know of one that is simple to install, and works well? I'm using an acekard 2i on a DS lite, running AKAIO 1.5.

Is there a way to bypass the memory expansion message on the DS browser ROM?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I used Bunjaloo last time.
    No memory expansion pak needed.

Silly,that impossible.
    Its a hardware limitation,so if you want to use that you need the expansion pak.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I know the homebrew browser's don't need the memory expansion...but I never bothered to use them since I have a dsi with the app :)

You could just buy an ezy 3 in one expansion card-it acts as a rumble pack for roms and enabled gba games to boot off the acekard.
    Post Merge: [time]1263032895[/time]
    Oh-and the official app needs the expansion because the ds lacks the memory to run the app, only the dsi has the memory to do it.

4. ironmunky

ironmunky Member

Thx, I was thinking about getting a 3 in 1 anyways, I didn't know it had a browser :)

Is Bunjaloo easy to install? Like can I just put it in the root of my SD card or in a folder and it work, or is it necessary to patch it for the acekard and such.

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Just put it in the root.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The dsi has the ram to run it, but you have to download via the dsi shop...I got it before the 1.4 update.

Get the 3in1 and get the official one you've been using, it would work.

7. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

I use the DS browser rom with my ez flash 3 in 1

but if you dont have a 3 in 1 Bunjallo is the way to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.