1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Homebrew on R4?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by asdzxc123789, Jan 25, 2009.

1. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

1-Need a site?
    2-How to install?
    3-Good games?
    4-Super Smash Bros RUMBLE can i play it?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

1: No. 2: Easy, usually if it comes with external folders (efslib etc.), just place them in the root, with the .nds file anywhere (usually). Good games, see my topic in NDS Trading Station, 4: Yes, even though it sucks.

3. asdzxc123789

sory sory a fix:
    1- Can u give me a good site?

4. anandjones

DS.QJ.NET, nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk, pdroms.de, gbatemp.net. All the good ones I frequent daily.

5. asdzxc123789

...and i searched it on wikipedi and gave me some badass games lik wolfenstein andQuake :) !!!

6. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

I tried a bootleg bomberman homebrew game and I never tried homebrew again..

Guess I'll try the ones on the trading station. Anyone in particular really good?

7. r4man89

r4man89 Active Member

The R4 can play most homebrew games. I suggest DCEMU.uk just because I had been going there for a good long while, I joined GBATEMP in 07 and they are okay but more people trying to make a name for themselves than trying to actually help people and the downloads will be confusing if you are not use to them since every user posts a copy.

Installation is easy most if not all files have a readme on how to install correctly no need to DLDI anymore due to the auto dldi the R4 team released not long ago. If it is just an NDS file put it in the root. IIRC for files you dont want to have seen you can choose to hide them using windows Right Click File>Properties>Select Hidden>Okay

Good games are hard to find but a few I suggest are Hack, Aguna, Khet is okay, Evelonth, Supaplex and Stoneage

You can play SSBR but it is still a demo so its not great.

8. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

What happened? Rick roll? Pr0n? Horrible?

9. anandjones

The ''auto' DLDI patching isn't as effective as you would think. Oh, and *Anguna.

10. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

MEATSPIN!!
    [​IMG]

Naw just Crap gameplay (I would just play bomberman on DS) and when I tried connecting online it would just stay loading..