1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hikaru no Go

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by calvin_0, Apr 25, 2008.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well anyone read it?

i dont really like the ending...i was expecting a battle between Sai and Hikaru as an ending....

2. monozuki_san

monozuki_san Member

I watched til the end and ...disappoint on the ending..

It was sad and no fun at all....

3. aumai

aumai New Member

this is my fav cartoon.

It makes me to play go. But i not good at this game. :D

4. calvin_0

well same here, i cant even beat computer in 5 stones handicap.

5. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

Ah this anime I watched and finished in 2 days by staying up all night. I had no idea Go, a game I was totally not interested in plus I had no idea how to play, would attract me like that. Although I had no idea if the board was good or not it was so much fun.

Then, Sai went away, and I became sad. But it's nice to see characters grow up physically and mentally, sorta makes you feel like you lived with them. Plus I love the art :D

6. calvin_0

too bad we didnt get to see Hikaru and Akira reach the Meijin title.

7. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

If you were to ask me about watching this show. I would like to say its a no-go.

8. kanakacheek

I agree, they could just fast forward and show us :(

9. azndoode1

azndoode1 Member

it was an OK series, but out of 10 i'd give it around a 6. im pretty OK at go, and my ranking is somewhere around 10 to 6 kyu

10. gryphoondawn

gryphoondawn Well-Known Member

Wow nice anime. How do u play the Game if GO?

The shadow was exellent, the colour was good and the character on the game was really introduced well. Eventhough the main focus of the main focus of the movie was the GO game, It is quite convincing and the really captures the interest of the viewers. It was good depsite the fact of the character was too bright in some part.

So annoyed to Sye. He seemed to be a little bit of a gay
    The main character was a cheater. He have a helper (2 heads is better than 1 but isn't that cheating because 2 person was trying to win a game eventhouh the fact that Sye was the only one who played the game.

11. kanakacheek

Well the thing was Hikaru did only what Sai told him to do at first, then Hikaru started having thoughts of his own. And anywho I think Hikaru realized that he was cheating hence why Sai later disappeared. Is the manga still on going?

12. calvin_0

unless there is Hikaru no Go 2 in japan, i dont think the manga is still going on.

Btw, when Sai disappear, is Hikaru's skill evenly match Sai's skill?