1. This forum is in read-only mode.

hi newbie here needs a little help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by moiloon, Feb 19, 2013.

1. moiloon

moiloon New Member

as in title hi newbie here needs a little help
    I have a r4 clone I think,lol
    the site on the box is r4-pro.com
    which has now obviously disappeared from the web
    its a gold box,has r4 then gold in the right hand top corner of the box,sdhc r4i revolution for ds (3ds/ndsi/ndsl/nds) http://***.r4-pro.com)
    the cart is not recognized by the dsi it came from 1.43E,
    was working when I first installed kernel ect when new bought a year ago it belongs to a friend who is not technology friendly shall we say,so I volunteered to take a look,
    I have been meddling with my sons ds phat and his dstt card over the years,so thought this r4 card would be just as simple to figure out. it suddenly failed to load,stuck on loading in top screen,so thought id format the card put relavant kernels ect on card,job done,but NO now if the card is put into the dsi xl,it fails to load and white out both screens,if I put the cart in my sons ds phat no card detected at all!!
    is there any way I can recover this card or any files to reflash it to how it originally came
    ,ive tried numerous firmwares/kernels ect,and tbh only scrambled my brain and probably made matters worse on the few days holiday from work,and now gotta tell my work mate ive totally screwed his 6 year olds cart full of roms,

please someone save me from a sleepless night

thanks in advance
    ps great forum a wealth of information

moiloon

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=61076.0

Card can't be played on the DSi XL, as it needs to be updated.

3. moiloon

moiloon New Member

any more help to accomplish this ie-a total walkthrough would be superb,the more I read the more im lost tbh
    also how do I get the card to be recognised in a dsl?
    and can I use my boys dslite+dsst card to fix this r4 card???

as it whites out the screens if I do a card swap?

thanks to anyone to fix this broken card