1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hi! I'm sorta new..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oxyde, Oct 11, 2010.

1. oxyde

oxyde Member

Can anyone briefly explain how the points system works?
    I'm kinda curious and I want to try some games I used to play in my PS before it got broken ^_^
    Advanced thank you..

2. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Points systems are generally regulated on a hourly basis. Every 8 or so hours you could earn up to 50 points unless you have a premium account.

3. oxyde

oxyde Member

Does points get earned through posting in forums?

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

https://www.romulation.org/introduction/#points

^That explains everything. Also, no, posting on the forums doesn't net you points. We're not willing to deal with the spam that would come out of that.

5. 2DamCerius

Nope points are not tallied that way. And when you get to the website underneath your icon there is "What are points?" in parentheses.

6. oxyde

oxyde Member

Thank you for the helpful link. :D I thought this was the same as those others I joined which posting is required to earn points.

By the way, if there is spam, why do people do it then if there are no points that will be rewarded for their repeating posts?

7. 2DamCerius

8. oxyde

oxyde Member

ah... I like forums, there are lots of people to talk to even though I can't see them personally. Although I'm pretty busy at school I don't think I can keep up daily, I'll come every other day or so. :D

Is there a definition for 'regular members' are there irregular? like when someone has been offline for a month, he cannot earn points anymore? or something like that..

9. 2DamCerius

Well there is no term for the regulars or irregulars, but you will see people pop regularly due to the Jokes section.

And considering offline status I am not entirely sure, but you still earn points regardless.