1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hi I'm new & new to this kind of thing I need help and info about Win Rar!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Darth Hobbs, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Hobbs

Darth Hobbs New Member

Hi All

My parents recently bought a TT Card for my little nephew and as usual they automatically think of me to get it working.

Anyway the seller recommended this site and forums and he told to download Win Rar. I'm a computer geek but this kind of stuff is not something I'm familiar with. I downloaded Win Rar as he said but I haven't downloaded games from the site yet because I don't know what to do with Win Rar.

Can some one please tell me what I do with Win Rar do I download a game and then use Win Rar what does it do? Do I use Win Rar and extract files like Win Zip if that's the case which file is the game and do a need to make new folder for the game and put certain files it extracted out into it is so what files are needed?

Sorry for the long message but like I said I have no clue how to use this thing. Any help and information would be gratefully received.

From Richard Hobbs

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

download the files from here as you would any other file. Winrar is just like winzip. The .nds file is the game, and you may also need to install the DSTT firmware if you havent already. Games do not need to be in folders, and the .nds file is the only required file.

3. Darth Hobbs

Darth Hobbs New Member

Dear Loonylion

Thank you for responding so quickly I have done as you suggested and it worked perfectly thank you so much. I can't try the games yet unfortunatly I'm down our other house with my dogs while our other house's kitchen gets finished and the only person in my house that has a DS is my mum and it's with her there.

Thanks for all your help I got the disk setup ready to try so when I go home I will check it out so thanks you made my little newphew a very happy dude.

From Richard Hobbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.