1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hi, i have a question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by askteam, Dec 5, 2013.

1. askteam

askteam New Member

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right topic to put this in, if not, please let me know, I'm a bit confused.

Anyway, my question is: are the ROM's that are here demos of games, or full games? I think they are full games but I'm not sure.

P.S I'm only saying this because the file sizes seem pretty small compared to other sites.

Extra P.S RomUlation please don't take offence to this question, I really like what you guys do. :)

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Yes all the ROMs and ISOs you find here are full games, not demos.
    The file sizes are small because the files are compressed with winrar or 7z.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Unless otherwise stated in the filename, all ROMs are clean and relative to their retail counterparts.
    As Infernape stated, they are highly compressed using WinRAR or 7-Zip to maximize the use of space and to make your experience that much better.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

As such you'll need to download and install WinRar which you can get here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Pay no attention to the pop up ad that will eventually start spamming you once the 30 day free trial period ends. WinRar will continue to work even if you do not purchase it. The only thing you get when you pay for WinRar is the removal of those popups.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We generally recommend using 7zip, we have a guide here: https://www.romulation.org/tutorials/extracting-roms-from-romulation/

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If I recall correctly it was here on RomU where I learned of WinRar but I used to also use 7zip before I learned from anandjones or was it from loony himself that WinRar also supports 7zip

7. askteam

askteam New Member

Thank you all for answering my question, I would have said thanks earlier, but I thought I would get email notifications when I get a reply.

Anyway, all of you suggesting WinRAR, thanks, but just to let you know I use 7zip, I prefer it to WinRAR. :)

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Winrar has changed their algorithm recently and it's not backwards compatible, 7zip may or may not support the new algorithm yet.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

7-Zip hasn't updated in ages, so I wouldn't be surprised.

10. askteam

askteam New Member

I downloaded New super Mario bros wii, and used 7zip to unzip it, and it worked fine :)

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Good :)

.7z file = 7-Zip
    .rar file = WinRAR

Will save you and a lot of other people a lot of trouble.