1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hi everyone.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Elyst, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elyst

Elyst Member

First of all greetings everyone, i just joined this forum :)

I found this site while googling desperatly to find pokemon mystery dungeon red ver for gba.

Amazingly i found it here and donwloaded it in a blink of an eye. Problem is, it doesnt work :'(

I use VisualBoyAdbance0.9 (probably to old by now) and i when i open the .gba file i downloaded nothing happens

the game doesnt start and i realy wanna try it out.

Thank you very much for your help ;D

2. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

~ Welcome to romulation ~

~ Have a nice day and we are happy to have you here ~

~ See you in replays, posts and topics, here you find a really help ~

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

no$gba emulator I think is the best gba and nds emulator going round at the moment.

Just google it....you'll find it straight away.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Actually I like Visuall Boy Advanced better than no$gba for GBA games. I recommend using VBA, and check out the How to run several problematic GBA ROMs on VBA thread. Once setup properly, VBA is nearly 100% compatible.

The problematic ROMs are mainly the Pokemon games, and that thread will tell you how to make them work perfectly.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Virtual Boy Advanced? Never heard of it ;)

6. Elyst

Elyst Member

i see, so there are other emulators

i got mine a few years ago while downloading a zip with many emulators (ps1, sega etc.)

I ended up using only the gba emulator...played a few sonic games and nearly all megaman Battle network
    i also tried out harvest moon (loved it) and Final Fantasy tatics (also awsome)

Just wondering, anyone ever heard of "me Boy" its a sort of emulator for mobile phones, i ran a few pokemon games in it and i wonder where i can find more stuff

7. anandjones

More stuff? What do you mean?

8. Elyst

Elyst Member

well its realy great playing gameboy on my pc but you know those anoying times you're standing and w8ting for the bus, or when you'r in your private place making your private actions and are far away from the pc

those times are great for playing some pokemon or megaman.

I'd like to find more games (especially pokemon mystery dungeon) for mobile phones...
    Post Merge: [time]1246282068[/time]
    im realy sorry guys.

I've been folowing the tutorial but its quite confusing (i'm a bit noobish when it comes to this) ???

can someone give me a quick explanation on how do i run Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team.gba?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So, basically, you want some updates for this phone app?

Well google it, from previos experience, this site mostly deals with roms, and normally redirected to other sites for emulators, and just general "oh try this" type of thing...

Some one long ago asked about mobile emulators, the response wasn't much if memory serves correctly, I'd google your answers, as not many phones would have the power the emulate properly (to me the most is gba, which shall be a struggle)...

As for pokemon mystery dungeon, GBA is gonna be tough, a phone might do it, but not advisable, try looking up one of the older mystery dungeon games (it wasn't always pokemon...) and look up the mobile emu for that-same format, just older, and without pokemon...

Hope I helped :)

10. Elyst

Elyst Member

hum...i guess i should goolged that in first place.

I have a nokia n81 ;D so i dont have much memory problens (today, when i was at the dentists w8ting room i pwnd a guy in pokemon trading card game :p), i ran a Hamtaro game, pokemon gold, silver and crystal, and the tcg on my phone and no problem (some are a bit slow but i can take it)

Anyway the main question here is related to running mytery dungeon on pc i'm gonna ask to focus a bit on that one.
    Ill instal and run NO$GBA and see if it runs,

about the post TirithRR recomended to read: I'm sorry but i realy didn't understand all that ???

a late edit: (while i was googling me boy) i found this page

i didnt understanding one thing in it --> Whats a ROM?

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

A rom is basically, the game transfer...

ROM-cartridge, nes,snes, genisis, master system, etc

ISO-optical disc format dump-can be anything

Those are common terms we use here-I didn't understand myself when I first joined XD

12. Elyst

Elyst Member

so basically ROM is like the disck that lets you play.

a .gba file is a ROM right?

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

yep, also, download visual boy advance 1.8 if you haven't, 0.9 is really old.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/download.php/emulators/gba/vboyadvance/VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3.zip

14. Elyst

Elyst Member

i downloaded and ran NO$GBA and it ran the mystery dungeon i wanted to ;) ;) ;)

but i still have one more question :p

i was searching for a walkthrough of this game (because of the incial quiz, i wanned to know all my possibilities) and i found something called "code breaker" and it add a weird code.

1- can someone give me a brief explanation about the cheats in gba emulators (gameshark and all that)

2- how do i use this code breaker?

all i know is the cheat is for All Level 100 and it looks like this:

VISG CXXJCDS 98530 912VXXVG JNBJHGHCCF DMGJHFHDHGBV
    JHNBHCN9FHGFHFFHGFHGHG VFGDSFH F FGFGFGFG SRFGTDF

sorry to be so annoying but i'm realy noobish at this things :-\ plz forgive me

last minute stupid question: how do i save games on NoGba?

15. anandjones

You save games like usual, in-game. Save states don't work on NDS games.

16. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.:)

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

codebreaker, gameshark and action replay are all based on the same: hexadecimal code that manipulates the game, so that it does what the coder wants. for instance, that "All Level 100" code will put all your pokemons at lvl 100. there are many other codes, and you can manipulate virtually anything with them.

in no$gba:

"After finding the cheat you want, go into the ''Utility'' menu, then ''Cheats''. Then, click on the ''Add new'' button, and enter the code's name in the small bar, then the code's numbers in the big bar. After doing so, select whichever it is an Action Replay code or a Codebreaker code."

in VBA:

"in the emulator, go to the menu ''cheats'', then select the sub-menu ''cheat list''. a new window will appear. there, click ''add gameshark'' and enter any code. i'll add an example for the game fire emblem 6. the code i'll use are in the gameshark site.

description: (here you have to put the name of the code) Infinite Funds
    code: (here you have to enter the numbers of the code on the site) 241A814B8FFF
    0A6E7E102066

to make this easier, you should copy/paste the codes and the name. after this, the code will appear in the previous window. add as many as you wish. however, i'll warn you, if you add too many, the software may not know how to work with so many codes, and an error will occur. if this happens, immediately go to the cheats window and start to disable some. if you want to save your cheat list, instead of always add them, each time you play, simply add them once, and then select ''save cheat list'' in the cheat menu, and save it. when you want to load it, select ''load cheat list'' and load the cheat list."

both quoted from my tutorials. read it and you'll get it.

i hope it helped.

18. Elyst

Elyst Member

thanks a lot for your help

I'll be out of internet for a few months so no more posts for me (sadly :'()

C you when i c you /wave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.