1. This forum is in read-only mode.

hi all, lil help needed with psx to psp issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cb010582, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cb010582

cb010582 Member

hi all,

im not to sure if this is the place to ask this but i figured id give it a shot:

im trying to get the psx games to work on my psp and have followed the steps in the tutorial section : https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=9995.msg105098#msg105098

but when ever i try to start the game i keep getting the following error :

the copyright protection information is invalid (8010850E)

anybody have any ideas what im doing wrong?

cheers
    Post Merge: [time]1265776512[/time]
    should of really also stated that im using an unmodified psp 1000 - the original model if that makes any diff

cheers

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's why-your using an un-modded psp.

You need custom firmware to run it.

That message only comes up on psp's still running official firmware running a home made psx game.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Good news is you have PSP 1000, so regardless of what firmware it has, you can install CFW on it.

So to start, what Official Firmware version are you running? 6.20?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

With talk of that new exploit, it might be good news if on 6.20, means my guide ain't no help though...

Pndora battery+megic memory stick combo is always useful :)

5. tonyc21

tonyc21 Member

You need custom firmware to play ps1 games. If your running the latest official firmware, than it will be hard to get custom firmware on it.

6. cb010582

cb010582 Member

aaaaah right lol i see, thanks for the replys everyone, urm yeah im running the 6.20 firmware lol just had to check, lol figured it was sumthin to do with that but im new to this stuff so figured id best check, ill give it a go with the custom firmware n see what happens, is there any spercific software i need?

thanks again everyone appreciate it lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.