1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HGSS, where to level pokemon to 80?`

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by xakota, Mar 8, 2010.

1. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

I've made it to Red, but all my pokemon are about 50. It seems the highest level wild pokemon are at mt. silver, and they're fifty.
    Is there an easier way to train them to lv 80?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Beat the Elite Four again?

3. janlukky

janlukky Well-Known Member

keep challengeing elite 4 ever and over unless you use an action replay in which there is a fast Lvl up cheat

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Elite Four... Make sure you have a lucky egg and EXP. Share.

5. Melchior

Melchior New Member

The way I did it was:

Beat elite 4
    Fight Red in Mt. Silver
    Fight guy in basement of building in Viridian City
    repeat above 3 steps everyday.

This was in the basic silver version

From what I can tell, you can re-fight certain Gym leaders on certain days of the week to level up your pokemon

follow the pattern here at this link:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym-rematch.shtml

Should help you max out your Pokemon in no time.

6. gameslayers

gameslayers New Member

before my pokemon ruby packed in (coz my mate dropped my GBA while it was saving and batteries came out, didnt have backup feature then) i had completed the elite 4 about 50-70 times, most of my pokemon were level 100 and my game time was 420 hours. as you can see i was pretty fanatical about the game.
    i had 2 exp shares which i would put on the 2 pokemon that i wished to train.
    i would have a strong (but not lvl 100) pokemon as my primary with moves that were strong against most types and were plentiful (use PP max) so that i could train up to 3 pokemon at once. Each pokemon (depending on how many exp shares you use and pokemon facing) should earn about 1000 exp per opposing pokemon.

this method is only really good if you dont get bored as 400+ hours takes a while to rack up. and flying straight from your house to the PL every time get boring pretty quick.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

At 55-60ish, you should be able to hold your own against the E4. Not easily, but the exp gain is sick if your pokemon can sweep an entire Elite Four member.

If you're not worried about losing half your money (I always go broke, deposit all of the money, before I do this), you can go suicide on the E4 with the ONE pokemon you're training that is 50ish and has an advantage against the first few Elite Four members. You blackout back at the Pokemon League, your trained pokemon might level a few times, you didn't lose anything, except for happiness. Big whoop.

Don't bother using items. Just go until you faint, and you get to keep the exp, and you always go against the same pokemon.

8. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

Just do the elite 4. Dont use AR cheats. It ruins everything.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I found out that you can rechallenge the gym leaders. Look up on serebii.net on how to rechallenge them.
    Blue's pokemon are in the high 60s and low 70s.

10. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Actually you don't need lvl 80 to beat him. You can pretty much duel him with pokémon at 70's or even 60's if you know what you're doing. I did this on Crystal.

11. janlukky

janlukky Well-Known Member

@ MR4Y - most people who play wi- fi has their pokemon set to 100 by training so this is really extending the game

12. Jed_1337

Jed_1337 Member

Just keep beating the elite four

or use action replay codes quick level up

or if it's in Pokemon version blue/red/ there's a hack that
    allows you to clone your items to over 200
    and find a wild mewtwo level 170+

13. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Most people that are into wi-fi battle generally breed pokémon just for that. He was talking about game progress.

14. JButter

JButter Well-Known Member

Drop all your money at you're mom at re-do the elite 4 again and again and again (drop you're money at mom so you won't lose money)

15. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Re-challenging the gym leaders is the key.