1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HG/SS The Elite 4 (karen)

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Joshbow, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Joshbow

Joshbow Guest

Any tips for beating her
    She is impossibel LOL

P.S Leave your friend codes

Joshbow.

2. DaveRyan

DaveRyan Well-Known Member

If you have a Typhlosion, Use Eruption. Or bug or figthing type moves

Name:Dave
    FC:2579 5436 0931
    Post Merge: [time]1271494648[/time]
    ......or just use swords dance three times.........

3. Joshbow

Joshbow Guest

Thanks Dave, my code is 3009 0672 1979

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Which pokemon of Karen's are giving you trouble? I found most can't take a Flamethrower.

5. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I just used Heracross' Close Combat. easy.

6. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Whoa, that's sorta misleading. Umbreon can definitely take a Flamethrower from an equal level opponent. Houndoom's immune to it . . . yup, these two must be the problem . . . oh, maybe Gengar too.

It sounds like your Pokemon are around the same level as Karen's (or less), otherwise you could've just overpowered them. The Gyarados from the Lake should be able to deal with these guys. Beat down Umbreon, Drown Houndoom with Aqua Tail/Waterfall, and Bite Gengar to death.

7. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

I traded my Kadabra to my friend, and he traded back, thus giving me and Alakazam. The first time I went through the Elite Four (I obviously got owned by Lance), but I beat Karen easily. He was Lv. 42 when I got to her. He had Psychic, Calm Mind, Shadowball and Focus Blast.

I started with Alakazam, used calm mind, then Focus Blast, it'll take out Umbreon in one hit most of the time if you're lucky. Her Umbreon always used Double Team for some reason, but I still hit it.
    She then sent out Gengar, my Alakazam just happened to be faster, so I just used Psychic and took it out in one shot. Before she sent out her next Pokemon, Murkrow, I switched to Ampharos, Lv. 40, used Discharge, took that out with one hit also. Sent out Vileploom, I sent out Lv. 45 Typhlosion, obviously just owned her with Flamethrower.
    Finally, Houndoom. I switched to Alakazam and attempted to use Focus Blast. I went first, missed, so his Houndoom used Crunch and ate the hell out of Alakazam. I then just sent out Gyarados Lv. 42 and used Surf. Beating her.

Yeah, then I got demolished by Lance. But that's how I beat Karen!

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Forgot about Houndoom, and yeah, Gyarados' Waterfall is fantastic for it. You may need to look at Taunt or something though, it's got Nasty Plot and a +2 STAB Dark Pulse hurts. Umbreon can sometimes take a Flamethrower from me, but usually you'll bring it down just enough to avoid her using Full Restore. Gengar hurts easily. 1HKO off a L54 Typhlosion Flamethrower.