1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HG/SS on NO$GBA?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bobobob1, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bobobob1

bobobob1 Well-Known Member

I was looking through that insanely long thread about Heart Gold and Soul Silver freezing. I came across on the 7th or 8th page a solution from a guy named mothball whose method was to use the Encryptnds program, or something like that. Other members vouched for that method as good.

So, can anyone confirm that method? If so, could you walk me through how to do it?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Just use the Rudolph patch, and Ar codes to fix this problem.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34997.0

3. bobobob1

I patched the roms using Rudolph’s patch. Is that all I have to do, or do I also have to use AR codes to make it work? Since I patched them, will they freeze anymore?

4. meganova

Rudolph patch fix the freeze issue, while the AR codes fix the black screen.
    Save often, restart the emulator, and continue playing.

5. bobobob1

When does the black screen occur? And where can I find the AR codes?

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

For SS
    SoulSilver:
    020DE16C E1A00000
    020D3FA8 E1A00000

For HG
    HeartGold:
    020DD9E4 E1A00000
    020D3820 E1A00000

7. meganova

HG AR codes are not working on HG,
    Use SS AR codes instead.

8. bobobob1

Where would the the black screen appear?

Anywyas, when I put in the AR codes do I need to put them in every time I play? Do they have to be on the entire time I play?

9. meganova

After you choose the name for your character.

Yes, you need to activate it always.

10. bobobob1

Sorry, final question. So, after I have started the and chosen the name for my character, do I really still need the AR code, because I’ve already chosen the name for my character, and the black screen won’t happen again, will it?

11. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Yes, keep it active at all time.
    Better safe than sorry.

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If they could fined the offset address in the rom from the ram , they could patch that code into the rom to fix the blank screens anyway for no$gba .... , Just a thought.

13. bobobob1

What I want to know, though, is if the black screen shows up at any other time besides after you enter your name?

It works on Desmume, but it is insanely slow...

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

No not as far as i know , just a freeze now and then, but if your save regular then not so bad!

15. grimreaper26

grimreaper26 Well-Known Member

that's weird. i never encountered any problems without using the ar codes. though i was already at kanto when i started playing with this patch, and managing through bill's pc is a bitch as it lags like hell, same with the games at the pokeathlon dome (the running + jumping over obstacles one, at least)

16. meganova

DeSmuMe require a good PC to run smoothly,
    Like Jhon said, save regularly, and make sure to restart the emulator after saving.

17. bobobob1

Wait, but using Rudolph’s patch would stop it from freezing, wouldn’t it? So, if I used the AR code to get past the black screen, could I just turn the code off after?

Also, would it be bad to have both the soulsilver and heartgold AR codes on at the same time? I want to be able to play both (not at the same time) without any trouble.

18. meganova

No, the freeze will still randomly occur, but not as frequently before it was patched.
    Some managed to play it without any freezes.

It would be good if you just keep it activated.
    The screen will goes black after a while.

No need to activate both code, since you only need use the AR codes for that game.

19. bobobob1

But say that today I want to play HeartGold, and tommorow I want to play SoulSilver. Would it be ok just to leave both codes on?

20. meganova

Both games only use SS codes, why would you use two codes?
    and each games will have separate codes when playing.