1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HG/SS AP Location theory [NO PATCH HERE][PLEASE READ]

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ron975, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron975

ron975 Member

This is my theory on where the AP is located
    Don't flame me, I don't know much about hacking.
    I believe that the AP addresses are intertwined with the addresses of the Pokemon, so every 24 or so events, if you have a Pokemon in your party ( which you always do , even if you pokesav so you don't have any Pokemon , you will still have the ? Pokemon with you) the game runs a check. If it doesn't detect the pokewalker IR sensor, (not the actual pokewalker itself as, that would be tedious and awkward, not to mention that most will lose the gadget within a few weeks) or detects suspicious activity, it will force a memory leak, thus the only way to remove the AP would to either remove all the addresses for the Pokemon (which of course would render the game unplayable) or somehow edit the AP bits out of the addresses of every single Pokemon.
    If this is true.... Guess I'm gonna have to buy the game....
    (I was going to buy it anyways, just for the Pokewalker and use my ROM copy for pokesaving event Pokemon since I'm in Canada and Nintendo doesn't distribute to Canada, If they did, I would have no problem with just Buying the game......)
    WHY NINTENDO WHY DO YOU HATE CANADIANS! :mad:

2. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

God dammit.

You do know that the online events are available to us Canadians?
    Along with not every city in America not getting all the events, its not hard for us to go to the dense populations in America, such as New York or Buffalo.

At least we're close. How do you think Denmark feels?

3. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

What about the JAP freeze patch... can it be used the same way?

4. cuccio123

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it can't.

5. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

Why don't someone... find out the file inside the ROM (UNPACK) the file that uses the poke walker feature, Del it repack and see if it doe-sent freeze :-\

6. lol cuccio ive seen you comment on alot of pokemon AP threads
    each one makes me lol
    and to ron we do get nintendo events in canada but i think you need a wii

7. cuccio123

lolno.
    You need wifi.

8. ron975

ron975 Member

No, I had to pokesav my platnum to get the gamestop jiraichi and pichu.
    when i found out that they were distrubiting it, i Quickly rushed my parents to EB Games to download it. It didn't work, so i gave up and went home. \
    Then i read some bulbapedia on events and I was so PISSED OFF when i read Nintendo doesn't distribute to Canada.
    And when was the last WiFi event may I ask?

9. cuccio123

My friend got one a little while ago. I'm not sure I can pinpoint the exact one, though.
    But no, you can get the Wifi ones in Canada. <________<

10. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

The best solution for those that are impatient (like myself) would be to use a translation patch on a Japanese version. Of course it's not completely translated but it's a lot better than nothing.

11. ron975

ron975 Member

Yeah, but all I need are the 3 starters, which i got working with the help of Shumy's converter, Pokesav and No$Gba
    Still, I would like a patch, if this is the true reason , is there any way to patch it?

12. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Please people, no more pokemon thread,
    until the official patch comes out.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36511.0

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Romulation does not have an active rom hacking community. Topics with uneducated guesses and speculation about solutions won't really lead to anything here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.