1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HG problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ASuch, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

This is sort of like a continuation of my question in game help, but its a little different. When ever I try to play my save file for Heart Gold, I always get an error that says the name of the save file then closes. This even happened when I transferred my save game to the 3rd Version of the Rykin patched rom. How can I fix this?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Here's a few topics for you to read.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1736.0
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.0

3. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

The emulator I use is No$GBA, and I'm not using the USA version. Im using the JAP version patched with Rykins english patch.

4. bobobob1

bobobob1 Well-Known Member

I have had this exact problem, and here is how you fix it.

1. Open the rom, and play it.
    2. While NO$GBA is open and running, open the folder that contains your .sav files. Find the one you are using and delete it. (In your case, this is the HG sav file).
    3. Save in Heart Gold (on no$gba).
    4. Close the emulator.

Now, it should not happen, and your file will be saved.
    Tell me if this works! ;)

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Ehm, you need firmware.bin. The one I uploaded with the fix for HG/SS (J -> USA) is broken, so I'll upload it again. Will be on in 5 minutes.
    Post Merge: [time]1271529007[/time]
    Done:
    Firmware.bin | MediaFire
    Put the file into the No$Gba folder. (The one with No$Gba.EXE in it!)

6. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

The firmware didn't help, and I don't wanna restart my game...I'm too far through it. Like I said in my first post, this is a little bit like a continuation to my post in game help in Pokesav meaning that this happened after I opened Pokesav and everything screwed up, so that pop up has been coming up since.

7. bobobob1

Try my method. I’m sure it works.

8. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Does your method cause you to restart the game?

9. bobobob1

No, because you have NO$GBA running when you delete the .sav file. After you save your gam and then close the emulator, it creates a new sav file.

This error usually happens when something is messed up between your .sav file and the way the emulator is set to save files. Deleting it and resaving it makes it a “clean” one.

So, just MAKE SURE that your HG rom is playing when you delete the .sav file.

10. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Well that error pop ups halfway between the Now Loading screen or something, will it still work then?