1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HG and SS (U) (Another one of THOSE threads)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Batman168, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

So, I was talking with another member on the forum, "Goldengear" and we have come up with an "Idea" or maybe a shot in the dark? But, is it in any way possible that we could simply remove the AP from the rom itself, by opening it in a hex editor, and comparing the values with those from the (J) rom (Since the AP is different in that release) aside from the spoken language and stuff. If anybody could offer any information on this, please do.

2. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Your not suppose to make anymore Pokemon threads.

3. iggloovortex

iggloovortex Member

in my personal opinion as i have no experience with hexing roms, Im almost certain that the hex view for 2 different region games are completely if not almost completely different. Therefore no dice

4. Naga

Naga Member

You know, I'm sure this has been tried hundreds of times, and was probaobly the first thing done, but if you make a new thread about it and try again, it just might work!

5. Batman168

Thanks for being assholes, everyone, I was just trying, and I was trying in a humble way, too, not being stupid about it, and giving as much information as possible, you could have just told me politely, iggloovortex seems to know how not to be a dick, some of you should take a hint, it's what the forum is for, helping people, and stuff

inb4 take your complaining elsewheres

6. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

Newfound respect for batman

/salute

but they are right....there's no need for another pokemon thread =\

7. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

J rom would be completely different, from ASCII to AP.
    Plus, not to be rude but this was probably already thought of at some point. People are working on it.

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Hexing is the first thing you do when you AP patch, but the No$GBA AR code is the closest thing.
    Sorry.
    Anyways, I tried AP patching a clean Japanese HG Rom and inserting the English text into it, but it will take forever...

9. Batman168

@ Mike,
    I thought that would be a good idea, (Making a FULL translation)
    Like Kazowar, but copy pasting (or something) but I didn't know if that would work
    I kinda figured that HEX would be the first to go out the door, aswell, join this chatroom, Goldengear is in there, and he's the one with the knowlege about this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.