1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sinharvest24, Feb 22, 2010.

1. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

i got some questions on typing up a formal letter...

everytime i start a new paragraph how many spaces must i leave at the beginning?

eg.

(here)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    (here) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

5 spaces at the beginning of each paragraph.

Hello, I am wrinting this for no reason.
    sadfjadfgsdgkfioerjgog-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    agearjgijgijirjsdgkfioerjgog-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sdgkfioerjgog-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, sdgkfioerjgog-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sdgkfioerjgog-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sdgkfioerjgog-------------------------------------------------------------------------sdgkfioerjgog-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

ok thanks man...XD

4. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

What I do is tab it once.

Just press tab at the beginning of the paragraph.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

But it is more professional to use the 5 spaces.

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Really ?
    I've always been taught to use Tabs instead of spaces.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep.

It makes your papers look nicer and is the standard for most colleges and businesses.

Something to keep in mind. :)

8. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

What is tab anyways? How many spaces are it equal to?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends but usually 5. I was taught to use tabs. Also you're supposed to use two spaces between sentences, but most people don't.

10. Reider

Reider Modereider

I always went tab for the paragraph beginnings and double space between sentences.

Looked fine to me that way.

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

And most forum softwares seem to remove it and just use a single space even if you type two spaces. I always type two spaces.