1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by eeder12, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeder12

eeder12 Member

Hi, my little baby cousin licked my EDGE and Microchip and it doesn't work when i put it on my NDS. Will it work again? Or is it just cause of the saliva he put in there. my MicroSD Chip works but the EDGE DS chip holder doesnt.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Um...ok.

Dry the sd card, copy the data to a pc and backup what you can, reformat and place it all back.

If you can't format it, or read the data...the sd card is busted (the sd card is the "chip" from the edge card) and a new one may be needed.

3. eeder12

eeder12 Member

A stupid question but how do you reformat the sd card?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Connect to your pc, right click, format on the device.

Oh...make sure both your sd and your edge are dry (try to dry the inside of the edge if you can...)

But before you bother, what exactly happens when you start the edge card on the ds?

5. eeder12

eeder12 Member

When i started my edge card on my DS it doesn't boot up, and it starts regular like any other ds game with nothing in it.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, then it's not the sd card we worry about.

A ds should recognise a flash cart even without sd cards, or firmware for that matter.

Dry the chip, check if the sd works on a pc incase there is hope for the edge.

7. eeder12

eeder12 Member

If the SD chip was able to be opened on the PC that means its not the sd chip correct? Because my SD Chips works fine on the USB that plugs into my pc.

So then its the SD that is doing the problem im guessing.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No...that would mean something is wrong with the edge card in that case.

The sd is fine if the pc can read it.

9. eeder12

eeder12 Member

Oh my Freaken GOD!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU HYPNOS I COULDNT DO IT WITHOUT YOU!

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Um...no worries.

I'd assume the sd might be working...but what is the condition of the edge?

Did drying it help?

And please don't tell me you used a hair cryer or cotton swab....leaving it to dry naturally would have worked safely.

11. eeder12

eeder12 Member

I left it to dry. But suddenly after playing for a few minutes. This thing called EDGE.DAT tidak menemukan. Whats that mean? I have edge.dat in my folder. What wrong with it>??

12. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I've got that message myself a few times with my old EDGE It means a error accured
    If my R4 gave me that message I took out my cartridge and blow in the card holder to get rid of the dust, after doing that a few times the DS will recognize the EDGE again.

13. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

im soz but you will prob have to buy a new edge or some other flash card (i say you buy a ttdsi) if your thinking about getting a dsi or dsi xl then get a i flash card because it will still work on dsl and then you will be ready for a dsi :D
    btw ttdsi is really cheap now just look on there website www.ndstt.com
    hope this helps..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.