1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with VisualBoyAdvanced

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sagekaos494, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagekaos494

sagekaos494 Active Member

Hello, I just recently downloaded the Visual Boy Advanced Emulator, and I'm having trouble with it. I downloaded the VBA file, extracted it and all. I tried downloading Pokemon Emerald of this site, Romulation, and play it. I simply put the extracted pokemon emerald file, and dragged and dropped it into the VBA file, the window for VBA open, and is all white, and on the top it says loading with random percent signs on the top, and screen in the VBA window is still all white. I tried it again, opening the Pokemon emerald file from the open gameboy button, but still no luck. I am on a brand new laptop, with Windows 7, is that the problem?
    Post Merge: [time]1266948381[/time]
    Also, I tried doing the same thing on my old Windows XP system, and the same thing happened. Furthermore, on my Windows 7 laptop, whenever I opened up the Pokemon game, the screen flashes and a little notification balloon says windows the color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 basic, that only happens when i drag and drop the file in. But when i open it the window for the VBA is white, and isnt showing the game, for a second it also says loading battery in read. Sorryy about the double post.
    Post Merge: [time]1266950116[/time]
    I just recently looked at the common issues thread and tried the GBA fix for the VBA, I did everything on the thread, and i managed to start the game, for about a second, still no luck. I only managed to get the Gamboy advanced logo to go up before getting the white screen of death.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This topic has the answer.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=6326.0

If it still doesn't work after that, then you may need to delete the .sav file that was created from the pokemon game. VBA may still be trying to load up the bad save file created before you fixed VBA.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

You can use No$GBA.

4. medamania

medamania New Member

Well All i can say is "try to download another rom From another Rom Download site" :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.