1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with the Name of a Piece by Bach

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lephantome92, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

In orchestra, we're playing several different cues while several voice actors (VAs) narrate Number 13 by M.R. James. We're not playing non-stop throughout; there are separate parts that are just the VAs, VAs with orchestra, and some parts that are just orchestra. Anyways, about halfway through the cues, a part of one of said cues contains part of a Bach composition portraying the fall of man. I know the director told us what the excerpt was from, but I couldn't really catch what the piece is called. I try to remember to ask him where it's from, but I never think about it during rehearsals at all. Here's a bit of a description that I can remember from when horns are resting:
    Cellos are doing octaves, in that they play a note, then play it down an octave, representing the fall.
    A little later on, the violins come in with a winding line representing the snake.

With Google, I wasn't able to find anything. The most I seemed to be able to find was works for organ, and when I listened to them, it wasn't it. I also found a piece that was about 14 minutes long that had a man and woman singing, but that wasn't it, either.